2010 Burb Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And always remove the fill plug first. You don't want to have it drained, just to realize you can't fill it 'cause the fill plug is frozen.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And always remove the fill plug first. You don't want to have it drained, just to realize you can't fill it 'cause the fill plug is frozen.
Got it. Any recommendations on what brand/type of gear oil to fill it up with?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it. Any recommendations on what brand/type of gear oil to fill it up with?
Here’s what your manual says:

1689436062774.png

My 2013 AWD Denali calls for 75W-90 Synthetic, which I think would work for you as well

Any quality gear oil manufacturer should work. Just don’t get one with limited slip additive.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So having some trouble getting the harmonic balancer fully seated. Couldn't get it all the way on with the installer so I tried putting the ARP bolt on and cranking it with a breaker bar. No go. Now the ARP bolt doesn't want to come out. Think I should hit it with an impact?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I've read the front is just an open diff. so fluid ain't a big deal with or without additives, cause I sware every gear lube brand at the auto parts store has something in it already. since if you have limited slip you need it, if you have an open it won't hurt anything.

it's the back that has the oddball locker g80 in it that doesn't like additives. I ended up having to stop by the dealer to find some oem spec for mine after it did some funky stuff about 5k miles after a fluid change with auto parts store stuff.

so the front you're good, just what every 75-90 to feel like putting in it. the rear is picky if you have the g80 option. which I believe pretty much everyone has.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So having some trouble getting the harmonic balancer fully seated. Couldn't get it all the way on with the installer so I tried putting the ARP bolt on and cranking it with a breaker bar. No go. Now the ARP bolt doesn't want to come out. Think I should hit it with an impact?

to remove the bolt, it's probably fine. I zipped my original one off with impact. but I wouldn't try to seat it with it. something isn't right, mine wasn't hard to go on at all. I did use anti seize on the inner hub thou. didn't call for it, but I did anyways.

might see if you can remove it, check for any scarring, clean it up. lube it and try again. I believe the manual says to seat it fully by tq the old bolt to a spec. I don't remember what that is right now, but I wouldn't go byond that number to seat it.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to remove the bolt, it's probably fine. I zipped my original one off with impact. but I wouldn't try to seat it with it. something isn't right, mine wasn't hard to go on at all. I did use anti seize on the inner hub thou. didn't call for it, but I did anyways.

might see if you can remove it, check for any scarring, clean it up. lube it and try again. I believe the manual says to seat it fully by tq the old bolt to a spec. I don't remember what that is right now, but I wouldn't go byond that number to seat it.
I agree. I'm gonna remove it with an impact and try the installer again. My biggest fear of this entire job is stripping the crankshaft...

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got it seated with the old bolt. Tha ks for info!

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So getting ready to drop the lifters in and wanted to ask a few questions. #1 is to clean the ports thoroughly. I'm going to use a rag sprayed with some brake kleen and wipe upwards best I can to prevent any dirt from falling down into the motor. They're already pretty clean. Then drop in lifters first then trays? From what I've read the trays will prevent me from putting them in incorrectly because the flat side lock into the trays. And got to make sure the roller is sitting on the cam properly. Also doesn't matter which way the oil hole is facing? Last I cant believe the debate everywhere I look over wether or not they should be soaked! I soaked mine so at this point it doesn't matter but some serious online fighting going on over this!! I was hoping to do this today but supposed to rain all day in N.J. so might have to wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts