Po305 Misfire Cylinder 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All: I really appreciate the dialog.
@OR VietVet - yes I swapped plugs 1 and 5, also swapped coil packs and wires. No change. I even threw a new plug in there. No change.
I do suspect a vacuum leak somewhere. I wonder if there is another bad plug somewhere and it’s throwing a code for cylinder 5. Idk just a thought. I should have gone through and checked all plugs while I was in there for peace of mind.

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 3/17:
Sorry I forgot to circle back on this. So I tried a different plug several weeks ago and problem solved. Truck has been running strong since, passed smog just fine etc. Meanwhile, i bought a 2009 GMC Sierra with lower miles. Man I love these trucks!!

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 3/17:
Sorry I forgot to circle back on this. So I tried a different plug several weeks ago and problem solved. Truck has been running strong since, passed smog just fine etc. Meanwhile, i bought a 2009 GMC Sierra with lower miles. Man I love these trucks!!
Thanks for the update!

Is the 09 an additional vehicle or a replacement for this one?

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

Is the 09 an additional vehicle or a replacement for this one?
The 09 will be a replacement vehicle. Currently on jackstands waiting for my new front diff to arrive. Once on the road, will sell my 08. It’s been such a great truck. But needed to upgrade to full crew cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar