2010 Burb Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Getting ready to put the oil pan back on tomorrow. I should be plugging the pressure relief valve in the pan correct?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Getting ready to put the oil pan back on tomorrow. I should be plugging the pressure relief valve in the pan correct?

I would. It's no longer needed if AFM is disabled or deleted. Leaving it as-is with the valve in place is likely fine, but it's still a potential leak point. I used an oil plug for (I think) a Honda Accord. Also used an aluminum crush washer instead of the plastic gasket since I had one on hand: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/post-1427085

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got another question for you guys. The input shaft seal on the transfer case is leaking so I'm gonna change it before I put it back in and drain and replace the fluid. Having trouble finding a video that shows the type of case that's in my truck. I just wanted to verify the drain and fill holes. I circled what I believe to be the drain hole in blue and fill hole in red. You guys agree?

20230715_104405.jpg20230715_104259.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got another question for you guys. The input shaft seal on the transfer case is leaking so I'm gonna change it before I put it back in and drain and replace the fluid. Having trouble finding a video that shows the type of case that's in my truck. I just wanted to verify the drain and fill holes. I circled what I believe to be the drain hole in blue and fill hole in red. You guys agree?

View attachment 404016View attachment 404017
Yes, the one circled in red is the fill plug. They can be a biotch to get off. Ask me how I know. Soak it with penetrating oil for a while before trying to take it off.

Also, a small point of clarification…that is your front differential, not your transfer case.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the one circled in red is the fill plug. They can be a biotch to get off. Ask me how I know. Soak it with penetrating oil for a while before trying to take it off.

Also, a small point of clarification…that is your front differential, not your transfer case.
Just realized that! Thank you for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts