2010 Burb Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it seated with the old bolt. Tha ks for info!

I hope by "seat it", you don't mean you have it flush with the end of the crankshaft. I don't think that's even possible. The end of the crankshaft should be 2.4mm to 4.48mm recessed.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So getting ready to drop the lifters in and wanted to ask a few questions. #1 is to clean the ports thoroughly. I'm going to use a rag sprayed with some brake kleen and wipe upwards best I can to prevent any dirt from falling down into the motor. They're already pretty clean. Then drop in lifters first then trays? From what I've read the trays will prevent me from putting them in incorrectly because the flat side lock into the trays. And got to make sure the roller is sitting on the cam properly.

Snap the lifters into the trays and drop all four into the block at the same time. Hold 'em as square as possible. You might have to slowly and slightly wiggle the tray, but they should slide in.

Also doesn't matter which way the oil hole is facing?

Apparently, it doesn't matter. It might matter with the AFM lifters. I've always done 'em in the way that satisfies my OCD- the hole in each intake and exhaust lifter of each cylinder facing each other.

Last I cant believe the debate everywhere I look over wether or not they should be soaked! I soaked mine so at this point it doesn't matter but some serious online fighting going on over this!! I was hoping to do this today but supposed to rain all day in N.J. so might have to wait.

Of course you soak 'em! I think the debate is if you're gonna prime the engine, then it doesn't matter. I soak mine and use an old push rod to press the cup in the end to pump the air out. They're solid before I even drop 'em in. Then I prime the engine with a homemade rig that uses compressed air. I'm excessive sometimes. But I don't like ticking lifters.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well so far so good..Its running great! First off thanks to everyone's input and answers to my questions. I would never have been able to pull this off without it. Couple of quick observations. After a few highway merges I do not notice the loss of power from the mild cam. If anything it seems to have a little more pep. When I first started driving I was worried that the oil pressure was too high. At idle it was a 60 and with some aggressive driving it almost pegged past 80. It seems to be coming down a bit now. Also I'm a big fan of the ARP bolts. I used them on the heads, balancer and exhaust manifolds. With some of those tough to reach head bolts tourqe to yield would have been a pain with the engine in the truck Dealing with Lt1swap for the computer reprogramming was a breeze. He shipped it back day after he received it.. Ill post a part list with #'s in the next day or two and some more details of the project to hopefully help others in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10