Po305 Misfire Cylinder 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPADTE 2: Yes this is weird. So I put that stupid thing back on, CEL turns off with no codes. Drive it for a minutes and rough rough idle and throttle. CEL back on. I’m leaning towards vacuum leak or MAF sensor bad. My question is, that little air module in there pretty good. How did it just pop out?

Thoughts?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
UPADTE 2: Yes this is weird. So I put that stupid thing back on, CEL turns off with no codes. Drive it for a minutes and rough rough idle and throttle. CEL back on. I’m leaning towards vacuum leak or MAF sensor bad. My question is, that little air module in there pretty good. How did it just pop out?

Thoughts?
I have leaned in to look at things and hit that and pushed it out. That should have not caused a misfire. That is why I said what I said.

Maf effects all cylinders. You have a one cylinder misfire. At least that is what you have said. Vacuum leak or plug, IMO. The plug is easy to check, switch like I said.

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have leaned in to look at things and hit that and pushed it out. That should have not caused a misfire. That is why I said what I said.

Maf effects all cylinders. You have a one cylinder misfire. At least that is what you have said. Vacuum leak or plug, IMO. The plug is easy to check, switch like I said.
@OR VietVet - good points and good call on the MAF. I’m back to the drawing board on this sob. But it’s odd that CEL went off and code disappeared when I put it back in. Nonetheless, tomorrow is another day.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The CEL can pick whenever it wants to go out. A thorough test drive is always needed, if the light goes out by itself or is turned out, then reattach a scanner and check/double check for codes.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's interesting that it ran smooth for a bit when cold, warmed up and started to miss again.

have we seen the fuel trims and stuff in this one. maybe that alcohol % and running rich enough to miss?

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point I’m thinking maybe fuel or air issue. I’d be surprised if it was something internal in the cylinder. But we will find out. Gonna enjoy my weekend for now. On Monday I’ll take it into the steelership and have them diagnose it. $$$

Go from there. Will report back.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you at least swap the spark plug yet? Check for vacuum leak? If is running rich or lean, that would effect more than one cylinder, IMO. But a vacuum leak or spark plug can narrow down to one cylinder.

If you take it to another shop, make sure they explain why whatever they find, is bad and documented. Good shops will even document their diagnostic steps and results of tests.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you at least swap the spark plug yet? Check for vacuum leak? If is running rich or lean, that would effect more than one cylinder, IMO. But a vacuum leak or spark plug can narrow down to one cylinder.
Vacuum leak, hmm.
I wonder if it's leaking at the intake manifold gasket.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have no idea what the fuel trims are doing, if it's going into closed loop, what the MAF is reporting, etc. Without some live data and knowledgeable eyes on that, all we have is conjecture.

Once the dealer diags it, please let us know what they find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts