2009 Tahoe - Need help with AFM/DOD full delete parts list.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure i'll take a good look at the bore while i have the heads off.
If it looks like the cylinder needs to be bored or honed, then the block will likely come out.
Same for the cam bearings, depending on how they look.
I'm not totally sure how to check them with them in the truck, but i'm sure there is a youtube video to cover the basics....

i'm hoping i won't have to pull the engine.
It would be great if this turned into a 2-3 weekend task (taking it nice and slowish) :D

more power would be great, i would like a slightly more noticeable idle as well.

I would like to still use 87/85 octane...

How big a boy are ya?
With the fans, radiator, crank and accessories outta the way, you may be able to stick your head up from underneath and have a look at the cam bearings.

You can get an idle lope with a stock engine just with the tune. Cams similar to what I have can be tuned to have an almost stock idle, but I had the tuner make it as rowdy as reasonably possible.

Ugh. These things really benefit from 89 or better in stock form. But, if you insist on feeding it cat piss, there's a tune for that. Is E85 common in your area? That'd be cheap, high-octane fuel.

OP
OP
Just Fishing

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
How big a boy are ya?
With the fans, radiator, crank and accessories outta the way, you may be able to stick your head up from underneath and have a look at the cam bearings.

You can get an idle lope with a stock engine just with the tune. Cams similar to what I have can be tuned to have an almost stock idle, but I had the tuner make it as rowdy as reasonably possible.

Ugh. These things really benefit from 89 or better in stock form. But, if you insist on feeding it cat piss, there's a tune for that. Is E85 common in your area? That'd be cheap, high-octane fuel.

Well for the octane, it's more about being able to run off of what ever rat piss i can source.
A big thing i love to do is to troll around in the desert, usually popping off rounds at cute little fuzzy creatures (jack rabbits), and the bounty for yotes is like $150 right now...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Just Fishing

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Also E85 is hit and miss, i would hate to be tied to it.
I can get 110 octane race fuel around the corner...
Something like that might work for the vette, but not the hoe.
Needs to haul a boat to the lake every few weekends, and haul me out to the desert for some exercise... :D

I'm a healthy boy, but i could get up under the truck pretty well last time i had it apart.
I have one of those cameras on a bendy stick... "endscope" it says on the box. :D

OP
OP
Just Fishing

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Oh man, trip down memory lane.
This went poorly in the end.
Ignored the brass sparkles that should have prompted an engine pull.

Turned out to be the rear cam bearings as they had the most damage.

So much money that I'll never see again. :)

6.0 built and swapped now.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE