Please help with post DoD delete problems!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03GMCYukonXL

Reaction score
I did the DoD/AFM delete with the Texas Speed kit. Truck starts and idles fine sometimes and sometimes rough. Has ZERO power. Barely makes it up a hill. Now I'm getting the codes
P3449 Cylinder 7 Deactivation solenoid valve control circuit
P3441 Cylinder 6 Deactivation solenoid valve control circuit
P3425 Cylinder 4 Deactivation solenoid valve control circuit
P3401 Cylinder 1 Deactivation solenoid valve control circuit

I have a DoD disabler that I plug into the OBD port until I get it tuned. Is this maybe not working correctly. I'm at a loss and I'm sick of putting money in this thing. I really really need it back on the road.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup ! Gotta tune it out... The range disable module will do nothing...
Depending on which cam you used as well...
I wouldn't drive it til you get it tuned. You could do damage.
What cam - SPECS - did you use ????

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming the DoD disabler isn't working very well.......

so my guess is those things put the ecm in some kinda test mode that doesn't engage the dod while it's on. like you can't pass Emissions testing with them plugged in since it won't allow the ecm to do it's checks, you gotta pull them and drive around for a while before taking it into testing. so it's not like a tune, which turns off that routine in the ecm code itself, so at that point it doesn't even check that circuit anymore.

it's not that it's not working very well, it's probably doing what it's meant to do. it just doesn't match what you've done to the truck now.

you can mail the ecm off and get it turned off for about 50$ or if you have the money, it seems like the black bear tune is worth getting, since they do tranny adjustments that might make it last longer too. if you're into tinkering and learning hp tuners can be fun or frustrating. depending on your patience level

OP
OP

03GMCYukonXL

Reaction score
so my guess is those things put the ecm in some kinda test mode that doesn't engage the dod while it's on. like you can't pass Emissions testing with them plugged in since it won't allow the ecm to do it's checks, you gotta pull them and drive around for a while before taking it into testing. so it's not like a tune, which turns off that routine in the ecm code itself, so at that point it doesn't even check that circuit anymore.

it's not that it's not working very well, it's probably doing what it's meant to do. it just doesn't match what you've done to the truck now.

you can mail the ecm off and get it turned off for about 50$ or if you have the money, it seems like the black bear tune is worth getting, since they do tranny adjustments that might make it last longer too. if you're into tinkering and learning hp tuners can be fun or frustrating. depending on your patience level
I'm actually thinking about pulling the trigger on the DiabloSport tuner. It can turn off DoD and do many other cool things like tire size adjustments. It also has prebuilt tunes in it already and you can tune your shift points. It also allows you to return to stock at any time. It's $363 on Amazon and Summit.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking about pulling the trigger on the DiabloSport tuner. It can turn off DoD and do many other cool things like tire size adjustments. It also has prebuilt tunes in it already and you can tune your shift points. It also allows you to return to stock at any time. It's $363 on Amazon and Summit.
You’re better off going with blackbear for a tune, in my opinion. You gotta tune out AFM properly, and they’ll be able to help you get the perfect tune for that cam as step 2. You don’t want a canned tune for an aftermarket cam. I had blackbear tune mine after my cam swap and I’m thrilled with it.

Last edited:

Down8

Reaction score
I used a DiabloSport to do just this. No AFM & update tire size. Didn't mess with tuning it yet, b/c I'm still working my way through maintenance and have only had the truck for a couple months. Also, I don't need any tickets/etc. Got to make use of the code reader, too. (Though I already have my own, it's old & just gives the code; the DS gives the description of the code as well.)

I had a custom tune before, and unless you have serious work done, I don't see the point. A handheld is fine for basic stuff. And easily undone.

My pennies,
-bZj

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a DiabloSport to do just this. No AFM & update tire size. Didn't mess with tuning it yet, b/c I'm still working my way through maintenance and have only had the truck for a couple months. Also, I don't need any tickets/etc. Got to make use of the code reader, too. (Though I already have my own, it's old & just gives the code; the DS gives the description of the code as well.)

I had a custom tune before, and unless you have serious work done, I don't see the point. A handheld is fine for basic stuff. And easily undone.

My pennies,
-bZj
Did you have an aftermarket cam in it?

Down8

Reaction score
I do not - just the DS disabling the AFM/DoD. I did indeed miss that part (some days the brain moves slow...). :thumbsup: That would qualify as "serious work."

Yeah, "real" tune would make more sense with an actual cam change.

-bZj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar