2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 SAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The Crown Vic being an SAP had the higher end premium radio compared to the basic radio in the patrol cars that literally just had a radio nothing else mine had the CD player. Well I wanted to hook up my phone to play music but there was no aux input and I didn’t want one of those plug in Bluetooth adapters that go in the cigarette lighter so I did some digging around and saw I could use a cassette aux adapter so I looked around for a premium radio with the CD/cassette and didn’t really want to buy something used and have issues so I found a place on EBay that still had brand new OEM Ford radios. So I ordered one and it came and the back of the case was dented so I went to the pick and pull and grabbed that plate off a radio and swapped it out. So I contacted the seller and sent pics figuring they would knock some $ off it so they said keep it we will send another one so the replacement radio came it was an incorrect one so it was discovered they didn’t have anymore of the original one I ordered so I sent it back and they gave me a complete refund so I ended up getting the new radio for free. I’m planning on adding the radio controls on the steering wheel too I found the correct harness just need to pick up the buttons. Just preferred the factory look in this case and to add an aftermarket radio you have to cut the dash up too.

View attachment 349465 View attachment 349466
I used to hate that adapter wire hanging out like that. Reminds me of dental floss stuck between your front teeth for some odd reason.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I’ve had the Vic the driver side seat belt buckle had an issue. Normally the red button you press to release the belt buckle is flush with the top but mine sat down below the top but when you’d pop the buckle in it would go up to where it should be and would disengage fine but figured it was just a matter of time before it stopped working all together. So I started looking around for a replacement one didn’t really want a used one and possibly have the same issue down the road so looked up a new one and Ford wanted $250 LOL so I looked up the part number on eBay and found a NOS one got it for $65 shipped and installed it today install only took 10 mins put the seat all the way forward and was able to remove the old one and install the new one.

A65D1725-DDD3-411A-A8AD-D2685C1117E3.jpeg
D4E6124B-1957-4FC6-AF69-C88670588ADA.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Since I’ve had the Vic the driver side seat belt buckle had an issue. Normally the red button you press to release the belt buckle is flush with the top but mine sat down below the top but when you’d pop the buckle in it would go up to where it should be and would disengage fine but figured it was just a matter of time before it stopped working all together. So I started looking around for a replacement one didn’t really want a used one and possibly have the same issue down the road so looked up a new one and Ford wanted $250 LOL so I looked up the part number on eBay and found a NOS one got it for $65 shipped and installed it today install only took 10 mins put the seat all the way forward and was able to remove the old one and install the new one.

View attachment 349721
View attachment 349722
If you can pry it apart, maybe experiment with it, possibly fixing it. Might just be some gunk in it.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up some spare NOS Whelen strobes today along with some Whelen 500 series TIR6 lights so I can install the mirror beams down the road I’ll post pics once I get everything and I’m thinking I might possibly do long tube headers since I have to fix a few broken bolts on the drivers side exhaust manifold lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989