2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 SAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work as usual!! The tint makes a world of difference. Broward Sheriff used those same wheel covers on most of their P71 but not on all of them. I see you had zero down time today.

Tinted the windows 5% all the way around minus the windshield and went with a ceramic tint to keep the inside cooler.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work as usual!! The tint makes a world of difference. Broward Sheriff used those same wheel covers on most of their P71 but not on all of them. I see you had zero down time today.

Tinted the windows 5% all the way around minus the windshield and went with a ceramic tint to keep the inside cooler.

Thanks, and the tint definitely does and the covers are a good look for sure, this wasn’t all done today tho just been updating this to where I am currently as I have time.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t take any pics when I finished wiring up the lights but I have everything working, grille lights, headlight flasher, strobes and added two strobes in the tails in addition to the ones that were in the front turn signals and reverse lights, I’ll take a video and upload it on YouTube at some point, honestly don’t really have use for the lights but there cool for off-road use at a car show or meet.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the things I absolutely hate about these cars in stock form is how bad they shift. I had the 05 tuned and it made a night and day difference so I hit up Marty and he set me up with a tune for the 08. He basically adjusts the shifts points so it stays in gear longer before shifting, fixes the random down shifting, firms up the shifts gives it a nice sporty feel, adjusts the TB throttle response so it’s pretty much instant there’s no delay and there’s a slight hp gain maybe 15-20 nothing too crazy it’s just worth it for the increased drivability.

5C94DAD1-F804-43FA-914D-327F7847ED7F.jpeg

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now this is caught up to where I’m at now, in terms of future plans I need to remove the driver-side exhaust manifold and remove 1 or two broken bolts going to replace them all along with a new gasket and manifold and when that’s done I’m going to install a Stainless Works cat-back exhaust and it will be pretty much to where I want it. I might do some small cosmetic things here and there but it’s perfect right now for a daily driver.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Crown Vic being an SAP had the higher end premium radio compared to the basic radio in the patrol cars that literally just had a radio nothing else mine had the CD player. Well I wanted to hook up my phone to play music but there was no aux input and I didn’t want one of those plug in Bluetooth adapters that go in the cigarette lighter so I did some digging around and saw I could use a cassette aux adapter so I looked around for a premium radio with the CD/cassette and didn’t really want to buy something used and have issues so I found a place on EBay that still had brand new OEM Ford radios. So I ordered one and it came and the back of the case was dented so I went to the pick and pull and grabbed that plate off a radio and swapped it out. So I contacted the seller and sent pics figuring they would knock some $ off it so they said keep it we will send another one so the replacement radio came it was an incorrect one so it was discovered they didn’t have anymore of the original one I ordered so I sent it back and they gave me a complete refund so I ended up getting the new radio for free. I’m planning on adding the radio controls on the steering wheel too I found the correct harness just need to pick up the buttons. Just preferred the factory look in this case and to add an aftermarket radio you have to cut the dash up too.

BC3E6A4C-D00B-41DE-B8B8-62403E42FF46.jpeg BD167EA0-3974-467B-A2A8-FE279C1AEC3B.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz