2007-2014? I need help identifying a hit and run vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BangedUp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And I bet it left some paint on your truck so you can tell what color it was too.
Hell, I have several 4"-5" square pieces of the plastic bumper cover, as well as the video to show that it was black. And yes, even some slivers of paint left on the body. Another officer from the traffic division was out yesterday and took measurements, pictures, and the box of pieces I had; and I emailed copies of the videos and links to a site selling the Escalade type tail lights and the other part numbers. Still a long shot though. If they didn't stop or come back, they probably didn't have insurance. And without insurance, they probably didn't go to a "regular" body shop to fix it. Too many parts yards to go and stake out.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got it! Fn+PrtScr > Open Paint > Ctrl+V

View attachment 264355

@BangedUp, IMO, the results of that part number that @George B searched and from searching "headlight HRY215PP2AA2" resulting in the first, most relevant hits all showing the same type of vehicle is all I'd need to confirm the vehicle's year range, make and model.

If you don't want it to show your Taskbar at the bottom, use ALT-Print Screen to copy. It will limit the copy function to the active window. You can also Crop in Paint. Many ways to skin this cat.

SCREENSHOT.png

Last edited:

RoyBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Three days ago, my pickup was hit in front of my house. By the broken pieces left behind, I can tell it was a GM vehicle. I also have a neighbors video showing it to be an SUV. It had the tall, vertical tail lights that first led me to believe it was a late model Escalade, but I've since found out that there are aftermarket lights to get the same look on earlier model GMCs and Chevys. Plus a neighbors security camera shows that it doesn't appear to have the vertical looking headlights, so I'm leaning more toward the GMC/Chevy.

Where I need help is in identifying some part numbers. I have a clear piece of the headlight assembly with the following on it: "SAE HRY215PP2AA2 07 DOT VOR SAE 17 8....."

I also have some black plastic pieces from the housing (reflective on the other side) with these markings;
"SAE -2(IN A CIRCLE)AIP2RST-88T" and a piece surrounding a bulb with "F.L.42.95" and "FL29..."

The last piece is angular black plastic with the following numbers: "15945787 Made in Canada, PPD SAE>PA66<P-563, CAV4"

The headlight numbers should be visible; but the other numbers should be visible if you had old parts laying around. I don't carry full coverage on a 20+ year old truck, so I'm left footing the bill unless I can track down the other vehicle; so any help in identifying what year and model these parts come from would be greatly appreciated. THANKS ! (the picture is a photo of the video, that I'm still trying to load...)View attachment 264228

RoyBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hell, I have several 4"-5" square pieces of the plastic bumper cover, as well as the video to show that it was black. And yes, even some slivers of paint left on the body. Another officer from the traffic division was out yesterday and took measurements, pictures, and the box of pieces I had; and I emailed copies of the videos and links to a site selling the Escalade type tail lights and the other part numbers. Still a long shot though. If they didn't stop or come back, they probably didn't have insurance. And without insurance, they probably didn't go to a "regular" body shop to fix it. Too many parts yards to go and stake out.
Did you try posting it on your neighborhood watch there are several people in the community of our neighborhood that constantly watches their videos and their security cameras and maybe you could get lucky that way just a thought sorry about your situation I know how you feel

OP
OP
B

BangedUp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you try posting it on your neighborhood watch there are several people in the community of our neighborhood that constantly watches their videos and their security cameras and maybe you could get lucky that way just a thought sorry about your situation I know how you feel
Yes, posted on nextdoor and the local FB community.

OP
OP
B

BangedUp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great News ! An officer from the Nampa Police Dept came by this morning to report that he had identified the other driver and provided me with his insurance information !! He asked enough neighbors to identify the house where it came from, and the Yukon was in the garage, still damaged. Driver admitted what happened.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great News ! An officer from the Nampa Police Dept came by this morning to report that he had identified the other driver and provided me with his insurance information !! He asked enough neighbors to identify the house where it came from, and the Yukon was in the garage, still damaged. Driver admitted what happened.

Good job.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want it to show your Taskbar at the bottom, use ALT-Print Screen to copy. It will limit the copy function to the active window. You can also Crop in Paint. Many ways to skin this cat.

View attachment 264361
You can also paste into a Word document or blank page using <Carl><v>. Or, even paste it into Excel or PowerPoint, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e