I need help! 2014 Yukon Denali broken mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StellaBlue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am in desperate need of help. I smacked mirrors today with a bus due to no room on the other side of the road. Small town and tons of tourists with no courtesy. (Sorry that’s the end of my rant). I will hold the blame regardless. The bus’s mirror is was fine. I have attached photos or my mirror. Everything still works (blinker light) but the mirror is cracked a little. Since I can’t afford a new one at the moment I am trying to salvage this one for as long as I can. I have searched everywhere and can’t find the fix. The mirror section has popped off and I can’t figure out how to get it back on. Thanks in advance for anyone that can assist. It is the passenger side mirror of a 2014 Yukon Denali.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 3

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am in desperate need of help. I smacked mirrors today with a bus due to no room on the other side of the road. Small town and tons of tourists with no courtesy. (Sorry that’s the end of my rant). I will hold the blame regardless. The bus’s mirror is was fine. I have attached photos or my mirror. Everything still works (blinker light) but the mirror is cracked a little. Since I can’t afford a new one at the moment I am trying to salvage this one for as long as I can. I have searched everywhere and can’t find the fix. The mirror section has popped off and I can’t figure out how to get it back on. Thanks in advance for anyone that can assist. It is the passenger side mirror of a 2014 Yukon Denali.
I think it should just pop on. Might need to apply some force. Others with more experience will chime in hopefully.

If you just need the glass, this might work.
https://ebayvehicle.com/app/Y4pN Check out what I found on eBay Motors

OP
OP
StellaBlue

StellaBlue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it should just pop on. Might need to apply some force. Others with more experience will chime in hopefully.

If you just need the glass, this might work.
https://ebayvehicle.com/app/Y4pN Check out what I found on eBay Motors
I have tried to for sure and it could be that I’m not applying enough pressure because the mirror is slightly cracked and I feel it will snap. I will give a few more tries! May have to resort to electrical tape and gorilla glue Thanks so much!

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
I have tried to for sure and it could be that I’m not applying enough pressure because the mirror is slightly cracked and I feel it will snap. I will give a few more tries! May have to resort to electrical tape and gorilla glue Thanks so much!
I would apply some grease or petroleum jelly around where it snaps back in and see if that helps but looking at it again it appears the glass has to come off and then put back on by clocking the glass mount to the mount in the mirror like a 1/4 turn or so then snap the glass back on, like a cam lock twist and turn lock.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may try posting in the 2014 section and someone who put larger mirrors on may have one they would sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork