Think I need front diff work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Pete did you check out that FRAM oil filter? LOL @PG01

Not making fun of you @Apach 031, Pete and I used FRAM filters for years without issue but "they" say your engine will self destruct using them.

To my way of thinking, your front differential and engine are moving around way too much.
Lol… first thing I noticed….loved the ‘grip’ on them when they came out…

OP
OP
Apach 031

Apach 031

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick update. Crawled under and checked the torque on all of the diff mounts bolts last night. Everything is still tight. The rubber bushings still look intact on the insulated mounts. I'll have to get it on jacks with a pry bar this weekend and have a better look.

Lol, you busted me on the filter. Walmart was having a sale.

OP
OP
Apach 031

Apach 031

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a follow up...it was the driver's side front diff mount. Should have posted this earlier, but I got caught up dealing with some electrical problems (see my other post, lol) .The rubber bushings were so worn, I could turn them by hand. It was allowing the axle to wrap up, and making it look like there was play in the pinion. These were Moog units that I put in less than a year ago. Only about 10k miles, and easy miles at that. Lesson learned, genuine GM was used the second time.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a follow up...it was the driver's side front diff mount. Should have posted this earlier, but I got caught up dealing with some electrical problems (see my other post, lol) .The rubber bushings were so worn, I could turn them by hand. It was allowing the axle to wrap up, and making it look like there was play in the pinion. These were Moog units that I put in less than a year ago. Only about 10k miles, and easy miles at that. Lesson learned, genuine GM was used the second time.
Yikes. Yes, Moog has gone to shit over the last 5 years. I have Moog lower ball joints on my '07 that are only 4 years old and the rubber dust boots are disintegrating. I'm pi$$ed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia