2007-2014? I need help identifying a hit and run vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's about 15 here in town, plus many more in surrounding cities. And then there's the odds that they would even go to a shop; assuming that not having insurance was the reason they didn't stop. But it's a start.
drunk or high is more than likely the reason they did not stop, that and avoiding a deductible.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I just typed that into the Google search bar and the immediate hits returned were all "Fits 07-14 Yukon...", "For 2007-2014 GMC Yukon/Yukon XL Denali..." They were ads for headlights for sale.

If I could take a screenshot of my laptop and post it, I would.

For those sharper with computers, it's a Dell XPS, Windows7, Firefox. I tried just PrtScr key, Ctrl+PrtScr, Fn+PrtScr and Windows logo key+PrtSCcr. If any of these are taking screenshots, then I don't know where they're going cuz I can't find them.
You need an app like greenshot or another free print-screen app. Greenshot is ok.

OP
OP
B

BangedUp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just typed that into the Google search bar and the immediate hits returned were all "Fits 07-14 Yukon...", "For 2007-2014 GMC Yukon/Yukon XL Denali..." They were ads for headlights for sale.

For those sharper with computers, it's a Dell XPS, Windows7, Firefox. I tried just PrtScr key, Ctrl+PrtScr, Fn+PrtScr and Windows logo key+PrtSCcr. If any of these are taking screenshots, then I don't know where they're going cuz I can't find them.
I think that's what I was getting. I got images of headlights, but nothing in the actual ad had that number in the description. ALthough in two of the ads, there were fingernails that showed the number on a headlight; but nothing noted in the ad. I think the Google search actually read the numbers off the picture.

Reaction score

Open paint and paste into it, then save.

When you print screen in windows it copies it to the clipboard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

@iamdub

^^^ This. ALT-Print Screen will copy your active window
CTRL-V will paste what's in the clipboard, as will the paste button in an app

Last edited:

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

This cracks me up as the same thing happened to me until years later I figured out what was happening. Thought it would actually print what was shown on the screen and simply thought the button was broke.

Back to business....Just wondering if you found the culprit yet?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@iamdub

^^^ This. ALT-Print Screen will copy your active window
CTRL-V will paste what's in the clipboard, as will the paste button in an app

Thanks for the explanation!

Is there a way to view this "clipboard" my laptop has? My work phone is a Galaxy and I can see all kinds of stuff that's been saved to the clipboard. I have to periodically clear it off cuz it's a mess of irrelevant pages and screenshots.

Gonna try for that screenshot now...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it! Fn+PrtScr > Open Paint > Ctrl+V

SCREENSHOT.png

@BangedUp, IMO, the results of that part number that @George B searched and from searching "headlight HRY215PP2AA2" resulting in the first, most relevant hits all showing the same type of vehicle is all I'd need to confirm the vehicle's year range, make and model.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it! Fn+PrtScr > Open Paint > Ctrl+V

View attachment 264355

@BangedUp, IMO, the results of that part number that @George B searched and from searching "headlight HRY215PP2AA2" resulting in the first, most relevant hits all showing the same type of vehicle is all I'd need to confirm the vehicle's year range, make and model.

Congrats, I was shocked you did not know this procedure for doing screen shots being the techy and educated person you seem to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh