07Burb’s 2013 LTZ Burb Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 2/3 drop is where it's at. The drop knuckle in the front doesn't change anything with the ride or suspension geometry, The 3" drop in the rear doesn't cause any interference with the panhard bar and sway bar and no cutting shit off the frame for the free travel mod. I kept my Auto Ride fully functional, I can still tow, and still load it down with stuff/people.
So with lowering the rear 3” you didn’t have to do the deal with auto ride where you basically trick it into thinking it’s stock ride height?

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently raised the other twin up a couple inches... sitting at a 2/4 as of now...

4/6 Before...
View attachment 270375

2/4 After...
View attachment 270376

Just for some ideas and encouragement ;)
Definitely like the look of the 4/6 better but I was tired of being 3/5 by the time I moved on from the 07. All that rubbing and what not got super irritating. Part of the reason I’ve been in no hurry to lower the ‘13. Stock height has been kinda nice for a change :lol: the lowest I’ll go with this one is 2/3.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely like the look of the 4/6 better but I was tired of being 3/5 by the time I moved on from the 07. All that rubbing and what not got super irritating. Part of the reason I’ve been in no hurry to lower the ‘13. Stock height has been kinda nice for a change :lol: the lowest I’ll go with this one is 2/3.
I’m at 2/4 on my 02 running 22’s and zero rubbing. Autoride is enabled, custom ride height sensor rods. When I was running 26’s I had some rubbing, got tired of that.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m at 2/4 on my 02 running 22’s and zero rubbing. Autoride is enabled, custom ride height sensor rods. When I was running 26’s I had some rubbing, got tired of that.
I was running 22s, too, and had to replace my fender liners at least once a year due to the rubbing. And that was with OEM liners.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running 22s, too, and had to replace my fender liners at least once a year due to the rubbing. And that was with OEM liners.

The 06 NBS was on 295/35/24, 3/5-6 drop (32.5" at the corners) and had minor rubbing up front on full lock.

The NNBS at stock sure rides nice. Bet a 2/3 with some of the extra components added will take care of that body roll and sit nicely a little more planted.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with lowering the rear 3” you didn’t have to do the deal with auto ride where you basically trick it into thinking it’s stock ride height?

The Belltech kit comes with shorter links for the rear sensors and shorter bump stops. I used the Belltech kit with knuckles for the 2/3 drop and then bought McGaughy's shock extenders because they drop the shocks more than the Belltech ones which kept the shock length within an inch of the length at stock height.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I went and got my trans flushed as part of routine maintenance. Burb has just over 48k miles on it now. I asked to have the filter changed, too, but they said “they never change the filters”. At my current mileage I’m not that worried about it but will be when I’m closer to 100k.

Does this sound odd to anyone else? May have to go to a real trans shop in 5-6 years when I do this again to make sure everything is getting maintenanced properly. Trying to avoid paying 3k for a new trans later on down the road lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I went and got my trans flushed as part of routine maintenance. Burb has just over 48k miles on it now. I asked to have the filter changed, too, but they said “they never change the filters”. At my current mileage I’m not that worried about it but will be when I’m closer to 100k.

Does this sound odd to anyone else? May have to go to a real trans shop in 5-6 years when I do this again to make sure everything is getting maintenanced properly. Trying to avoid paying 3k for a new trans later on down the road lol
When you say flush what exactly did they do? And yes the pan needs to be dropped and the filter changed as well as replacing as much fluid as possible but never use a machine to flush it with.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say flush what exactly did they do? And yes the pan needs to be dropped and the filter changed as well as replacing as much fluid as possible but never use a machine to flush it with.
It was at a chevy dealership so they did what they do and how they do it :shrug: :rofl: the receipt says “power flush” whatever that means. I don’t think they used any power equipment. It wasn’t an area I could watch and monitor everything they do. The guy specifically said they don’t ever change the filter. This time I wasn’t going to worry about being pretty low miles but next time I will be. Just found it to be super odd

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was at a chevy dealership so they did what they do and how they do it :shrug: :rofl: the receipt says “power flush” whatever that means. I don’t think they used any power equipment. It wasn’t an area I could watch and monitor everything they do. The guy specifically said they don’t ever change the filter. This time I wasn’t going to worry about being pretty low miles but next time I will be. Just found it to be super odd
Power flush is what shady mechanics do in order to get transmission work down the line. It does use a machine and it’s what everybody recommends to not do. Hopefully you’ll be fine but if your trans goes out in a few months you’ll know why. And of course it leaves no proof so you can’t make them rebuild it. Plenty of people have no problems and since it was done at low mileage you’re probably ok. Higher mileage is where it seems to cause most issues. It kind of pisses me off they do that instead of dropping the pan and changing the filter which is more work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum