07Burb’s 2013 LTZ Burb Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since I posted on this thread so here's the latest.

Turned over 48,000 miles today so naturally I sent @Fosscore a text stating I was on my way to the junkyard to dispose of her :rofl:

Still waiting on the rear sway bar to get here. Ordered back in September :rolleyes:

Have new brakes, hubs, front sway bar, Spohn panhard bar ready for install. I'm hoping to get that knocked out this weekend unless it continues to be in the single digits.

Nothing is wrong so these things are just preventative stuff and also getting her prepped to be mildly lowered. I'm not thinking I'm going to go as low as I went with the '07. I got tired of that the last couple of years of it so I'm keeping it pretty mild this go around. Probably a 2/2 drop or maybe even a 1/2 drop. That'll happen sometime this Spring/Summer.

She's treating us very well. I feel horrible, tho, because this is her first exposure to a real winter up here in the Midwest. So she's getting exposed to salt, slush, snow, ice,....

i was getting worried that you were doing all tis work to her and not telling us, thanks for the update!

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was getting worried that you were doing all tis work to her and not telling us, thanks for the update!
Nope....between work and getting the S10 so that it can be driven has taken up all of my time the last month and a half or more. Like many of us, I have a lot of irons in the fire :)

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Turned over 48,000 miles today so naturally I sent @Fosscore a text stating I was on my way to the junkyard to dispose of her :rofl:

Still waiting on the rear sway bar to get here. Ordered back in September :rolleyes:

Have new brakes, hubs, front sway bar, Spohn panhard bar ready for install. I'm hoping to get that knocked out this weekend unless it continues to be in the single digits.

Nothing is wrong so these things are just preventative stuff and also getting her prepped to be mildly lowered. I'm not thinking I'm going to go as low as I went with the '07. I got tired of that the last couple of years of it so I'm keeping it pretty mild this go around. Probably a 2/2 drop or maybe even a 1/2 drop. That'll happen sometime this Spring/Summer.

She's treating us very well. I feel horrible, tho, because this is her first exposure to a real winter up here in the Midwest. So she's getting exposed to salt, slush, snow, ice,....

Recently raised the other twin up a couple inches... sitting at a 2/4 as of now...

4/6 Before...
rps20210209_224458_855.jpg

2/4 After...
rps20210209_224549.jpg

Just for some ideas and encouragement ;)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The 4/6 looked better but nothing wrong with 2/4 IMO.

Probably rides a bit better though. Still liking those wheels. :D

I definitely loved the look, and the ride was surprisingly good, I just wish I would have stayed with the 285/40 instead of going up to the 305/40... if it weren't for the tires rubbing more frequently when the Fam was loaded up in the truck it would still be a 4/6.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh no poor thing.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2/3 drop is where it's at. The drop knuckle in the front doesn't change anything with the ride or suspension geometry, The 3" drop in the rear doesn't cause any interference with the panhard bar and sway bar and no cutting shit off the frame for the free travel mod. I kept my Auto Ride fully functional, I can still tow, and still load it down with stuff/people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia