07Burb’s 2013 LTZ Burb Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any issues braking the hub out of the knuckle? I had a **** of a time doing my last one.

Being a two wheel drive without the CV axle it was actually super easy. Once I got the 3 bolts out the hub essentially just fell out lol MUCH easier than it ever was on my 07 :)

I think the bigger difference is this vehicle has not been soaked in the wonderful elixir of salt and snow that exists in the north.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the bigger difference is this vehicle has not been soaked in the wonderful elixir of salt and snow that exists in the north.
That’s true too. Definitely a very low amount of corrosion to contend with at this point. But the lack of axle shaft sticking through the hole (giggity) also makes a difference. Sometimes that shaft holds on for dear life! Lol

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s true too. Definitely a very low amount of corrosion to contend with at this point. But the lack of axle shaft sticking through the hole (giggity) also makes a difference. Sometimes that shaft holds on for dear life! Lol
Interesting. Guess, I’ve never had an issue with the axle shaft hanging on.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Guess, I’ve never had an issue with the axle shaft hanging on.
Years ago now I bought a defective hub. The thing literally lasted 2 weeks if that and was the last time I bought a cheap hub assembly. When I went to replace that 2 week old hub I had to beat that thing out as if it had been in there for 5 years cuz that cv axle wouldn’t let go :lol: it was an awesome time had by all.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago now I bought a defective hub. The thing literally lasted 2 weeks if that and was the last time I bought a cheap hub assembly. When I went to replace that 2 week old hub I had to beat that thing out as if it had been in there for 5 years cuz that cv axle wouldn’t let go :lol: it was an awesome time had by all.
That would suck. My guess is the cheap hub didn’t have hardened splines and it gauled up on your shaft.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would suck. My guess is the cheap hub didn’t have hardened splines and it gauled up on your shaft.
Possibility. It’s been long enough I don’t remember all the intricate details. Just enough to be the old guy with stories to tell from his porch and straw hanging out his mouth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011