07 Valley cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 escalade 6.2.

I want to go ahead and replace the valley cover and intake gasket while I'm there. I under stand that my 07 escalade has the AFM/DOD installed but not turned on which is great. My question is can I get a smoothed out valley cover with out the solenoids or does it have to be the same as the one on my escalade(waffle) and the solenoids?

Reason is because the gasket for the valley cover is leaking.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 6.2L Denali valley cover came from the factory smooth. Yours should be too.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, a few early 2007 6.2s came the DOD/AFM hardware but it was deactivated in the ECM.
Smooth non- DOD/AFM VLOM on amazon etc for $65.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver and @donjetman

So to better understand this, as of right now, my vlom has the solenoids for the DOD/AFM but its not needed because my escalade came with this feature deactivated?
So replacing with the smooth non DOD/AFM VLOM will remove them solenoids and I will not need to replace anything esle?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver and @donjetman

So to better understand this, as of right now, my vlom has the solenoids for the DOD/AFM but its not needed because my escalade came with this feature deactivated?
So replacing with the smooth non DOD/AFM VLOM will remove them solenoids and I will not need to replace anything esle?
That's correct.

Out of curiosity, what's the build date of your Escalade? The AWD Esky's started production in January of 2006 and the RWD versions in August of that year. The cut off for the AFM equipped L92 motors was like April of 2005.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score