Yukon denali short wheel or xl ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I an on my 2nd XL and I don't have any kids to haul around, just dogs. Lots of room but a little tricky to park at first, the cameras help a lot.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from a smaller SUV, so even a SWB seems huge to me. We rarely use the 3rd row, usually just me, Wifey, and Dog, so we are super happy with what we have. Never had so much room....

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all actuality unless you’re planning on having the third row seats folded down 100% of the time that current back space is not even enough for you to put a stroller in.

It's just me and the wife as empty nesters so we went with the non-XL. We folded down the third row seats and they haven't been up since shortly after we brought it home. We added the weather tech liner for the back.

I think the XL is 15" longer.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved up to the Yukon XL from an Acadia with 3 row seats, we needed more room for dogs and stuff because we travel to dog shows. The XL gives me room for 4 rottweilers with the 3rd row folded down and a WT mat keeps carpet like new.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, when you have 0.5” longer garage than the vehicle, so you want 0.25” in front and the same in back…some precise guidance is a must…
tight squeeze. You could always do what my wife did and back into the garage door when it's closed and created about 4 more inches of clearance. Bowed the doors out perfectly and yet the garage door works normal and most people can't tell. This happened when she was 16 and now that she's 37 that door's been on a pretty good run in this condition

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealer just reached out to me saying they could get me an XL denali cause they received an allocation for those this week, but no shorties. I dont really need the XL as I only have 2 kids and 95% of the time, it's just me driving by myself.

Big question... do I just take the bird in the hand allocation with the diesel reserve package? Or be hopeful that they get an allocation I'm the next 2 weeks for the normal denali.... I've had my order in since August.
I've had both, and the XL is a much better option, all around.

For example, if you have a dog, the XL is much better, space-wise, if your family goes on a trip with the dog.

As another example, if you do any of your own work around the house, a 4x8 sheet of plywood or drywall will fit inside the body of the XL.

If you plan to garage it, just be sure that you available space in the garage is sufficient to house the longer truck body.

slade45

Reaction score
I have a '21 Tahoe with a '22 Yukon XL Denali on order. I love the Tahoe, but with 2 kids we realized we need more trunk space and flexibility to use the 3rd row (esp. with the 2nd row bucket seats). There have been a number of occasions where we've needed the extra space - I would go for it!

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have a 94 GMC Suburban and an 04 Yukon XL that we got a ton of use with when I was younger and when my dad worked still. In general, they were always a pain to park and weren’t the most nimble vehicles (The 04 has quadrasteer, so it was amazing in that regard but they don’t offer that on new units) I opted for a shorty Yukon Denali, it’s mostly just me in the truck with the occasional mom and dog in there.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
It’s amazing humans have survived all these years without all this glorious tech dumbing down the most basic tasks. Heaven forbid I have to stop in the same spot in my garage on a daily basis all on my own…
What piece of glorious tech did you use to post your reply? Tablet and chisel? Those humans lived shorter lives due to not having the technological advances we have today. Humans survived all these years by adapting and embracing technology, not ignoring it. Yes, even the simplest tasks.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What piece of glorious tech did you use to post your reply? Tablet and chisel? Those humans lived shorter lives due to not having the technological advances we have today. Humans survived all these years by adapting and embracing technology, not ignoring it. Yes, even the simplest tasks.
Neither, I used a smart phone and I only embrace it cause there’s not a lot of other options. My point was I feel there’s way too much nanny tech out there that’s pretty pointless and humans could really do without. I’m sure I’m in the minority here but I personally feel human dependence on technology is not all that great.

Getting pretty off topic here, I apologize

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076