Yukon denali short wheel or xl ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Dealer just reached out to me saying they could get me an XL denali cause they received an allocation for those this week, but no shorties. I dont really need the XL as I only have 2 kids and 95% of the time, it's just me driving by myself.

Big question... do I just take the bird in the hand allocation with the diesel reserve package? Or be hopeful that they get an allocation I'm the next 2 weeks for the normal denali.... I've had my order in since August.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I would buy again, I would get the XL. With the third row seats upright, the regular wheelbase isn’t big enough for much behind it. The XL isn’t that much longer.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really depends. If you’re not gonna use the extra space then what’s the point? But I personally wish I bought the XL. I pick up a lot of larger items. so I wish my trunk just just a bit bigger.

Elise201424

Reaction score
Dang if you don’t get it let me have it my order has been since may of last year hahah.
In all actuality unless you’re planning on having the third row seats folded down 100% of the time that current back space is not even enough for you to put a stroller in. It doesn’t sound like you have kids in the stroller age… But just to give you an idea about the capacity in the back.

Also if you’re planning on going on any road trips or long halls that you want to pack additional stuff for that extra space will come in handy. But if it’s just a day-to-day driver I can see where your tossup us. It is a real question of if you would be willing to wait for the 2023 to get the short model

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you tow at all the longer wheelbase is better for that.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XL all day long. Tows better, looks better, holds tons of stuff without folding down the seats, basically the same performance specs. We only have 2 kids and the short wheelbase was not even a consideration. If you’re going big you might as well go BIG

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Without taking measurements yet, how likely is the big boy going to fit in a normal sized 2.5car garage straight in ?