Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
That makes sense. Are you ever in the situation where you are taking your whole family and the inlaws for example? Or that rare occasion where you wished you had one more seat? Or do you just think for the 99.99% of the time, captains chairs provides the best comfort... That's another thing I spend way too much time thinking about. I have 3 kids.

The times that I'd have to take my wife and all the kids (4 with one an the way in a month) and the in-laws I will have to take two cars anyways.
Even if I had the bench seat in the middle row I would have had to go with the 9 seat suburban.
So for me it was 100% what worked best for kids getting in and out of the car.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing's for sure: full-size GM SUVs are definitely in demand, perhaps more than ever. I can't believe how many 2016-2017 units I've seen, especially Tahoes/Suburbans during the past 60-90 days in particular, around my subdivision. I look around and it's like everybody's got 'em now and thinks they're hot.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing's for sure: full-size GM SUVs are definitely in demand, perhaps more than ever. I can't believe how many 2016-2017 units I've seen, especially Tahoes/Suburbans during the past 60-90 days in particular, around my subdivision. I look around and it's like everybody's got 'em now and thinks they're hot.
What part of NOVA?

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing calm about it now. Going to get worse with school starting soon. Nothing like watching the same traffic light change 3 times. In the process of teaching my twins to drive and even with the "NEW DRIVER" magnet, people still act like assholes. If all goes well, I'll be living in the Carolinas in 2 years.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are considering looking into a 17 but NO WAY would I buy my 2015 Yukon XL again. We've had a handful of minor issues and I could live with most, however, the one thing that has been bad is the vibration and buffeting issue that can't be totally cured. I've gone through mutliple sets of tires and wheels and it seems that the michelin tires mounted on 20s is the best to mask this problem. However, I'm already on my 2nd sest of michelins as the 1st set of premiers only lasted 26k miles. The buffeting issue is still there but it's not noticeable 90% of the time. I'd like to say it's a 15 problem but I'm seeing a lot of 16 owners and a few 17 owners complain of the cabin pressure/buffeting issue. Plus I've driven several 16s that had the issue.

65,000 miles to date and here's what's been done within the last 30k.

New rear Ring and Pinion and it needs to be done again (20k miles later)
Front R&P are now noisy
New control arms and ball joints (I'm sure this is part of the vibration issues)
Main oil line leak
Tranny line leak
Door/window trim need re-glued
Steering spring and bearing are bad (noisy) -have been this way since 40k mile mark
Buffeting (couldn't drive 20min without feeling sick, ears popping, etc. )
New tires about every 15mos due to the above.

We plan to consider a 17 burb or XL given the buffeting issue is non existent but will also consider the 18 expedition.

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are considering looking into a 17 but NO WAY would I buy my 2015 Yukon XL again. We've had a handful of minor issues and I could live with most, however, the one thing that has been bad is the vibration and buffeting issue that can't be totally cured. I've gone through mutliple sets of tires and wheels and it seems that the michelin tires mounted on 20s is the best to mask this problem. However, I'm already on my 2nd sest of michelins as the 1st set of premiers only lasted 26k miles. The buffeting issue is still there but it's not noticeable 90% of the time. I'd like to say it's a 15 problem but I'm seeing a lot of 16 owners and a few 17 owners complain of the cabin pressure/buffeting issue. Plus I've driven several 16s that had the issue.

65,000 miles to date and here's what's been done within the last 30k.

New rear Ring and Pinion and it needs to be done again (20k miles later)
Front R&P are now noisy
New control arms and ball joints (I'm sure this is part of the vibration issues)
Main oil line leak
Tranny line leak
Door/window trim need re-glued
Steering spring and bearing are bad (noisy) -have been this way since 40k mile mark
Buffeting (couldn't drive 20min without feeling sick, ears popping, etc. )
New tires about every 15mos due to the above.

We plan to consider a 17 burb or XL given the buffeting issue is non existent but will also consider the 18 expedition.

Wow, I thought the buffeting issue was only in the 2015's. Did the dealer or GM ever acknowledge the problem or offer anything to you?

I too am deciding between a new Yukon XL Denali or a 2018 Expedition. Just from the technical specifications, the 2018 Expedition is better in several key areas in my option, it has full surround vision cameras, true stop/start autonomous cruise. However, the Suburban/Yukon XL twin just has so much more history and is loved by so many more people. I'm kind of torn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBPA2024

Latest posts