Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpgmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if I would buy again. (I have a 15i XL Denali) Don't get me wrong... I love the rig, except for the fact that in the 2 years I've had it, it's been to the shop around 14 times. 3 fuel injectors replaced, trans problems, AC went out this weekend. I'm telling myself maybe I just got a lemon, but from the looks of it, there are quite a few people that have had many of these same issues. I'm in talks to GM Customer Care, but I doubt they're going to do anything- I submitted a buyback request. 80k rig that's only 2 years old been in the shop 14 times and several of those trips were for several days. It had no competition up until this year. I'm hoping GM does the right thing for me. Supposed to hear from them this week.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I would buy again. (I have a 15i XL Denali) Don't get me wrong... I love the rig, except for the fact that in the 2 years I've had it, it's been to the shop around 14 times. 3 fuel injectors replaced, trans problems, AC went out this weekend. I'm telling myself maybe I just got a lemon, but from the looks of it, there are quite a few people that have had many of these same issues. I'm in talks to GM Customer Care, but I doubt they're going to do anything- I submitted a buyback request. 80k rig that's only 2 years old been in the shop 14 times and several of those trips were for several days. It had no competition up until this year. I'm hoping GM does the right thing for me. Supposed to hear from them this week.

Interesting. Mine just went in this week for, what they think, are multiple bad fuel injectors.

It has 18k miles.

mpgmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope they fixed the 17s, fellas. Because i felt the same way when I bought my car in 2015. I still love it... just not a reliable car anymore. Might be in my head, but I feel like the ride is getting rougher. I know I've seen some other people with the '15 denali that said they need new struts already.

funymuny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess I'm going to find out. I recently bought a new 17 Yukon Denali. Kept my 07 Yukon SLT (which I bought new in 06).

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a new 4 Runner for the wife, which was a great vehicle. I'm a big guy so I never felt comfortable on long trips. I sold the 4 runner for almost what I paid for it new after using it for two years and got the 17 loaded GMC XL. No comparison. A week after I got it I drove 18 hours straight and the entire time it felt like I was in my living room chair. In two weeks I drove 6K miles and the XL help all our great for three people, and plenty of sports equipment. The room is AMAZING, fuel economy is nearing the 4runner. All in all yes 100% I would buy again.

I can almost mirror this entire post with my experience. My wife LOVES her '16 LT suburban and I'm not allowed to even think about selling it. 18k miles and zero issues. I'm glad I went with the suburban for added length and storage. Like the longer wheelbase. The engine is fine for our needs. It is a road trip machine.

Jeff Potter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2016 is awesome with only one complaint...the f&$king seats! The leather piping is extremely uncomfortable on long trips and digs into my a$$. Purchased from my nephew at the local Chevy store and apparently I'm not the only one that complains about the seats. If they don't change the design of the seats, will probably move up to a Yukon or Escalade.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
My 2017 (fixed) Suburban Premier is great and I would buy it again if I needed to.
Now I've only put on 9500 KM so far, but taken a few road trips with the kids (4) and another with the inlaws.
Both trips were great to drive and everyone in the truck was comfy (including my very pregnant wife)
Looking forward to towing with it for the first time sometime soon.

Last edited:

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 LT bought new. 140,000 miles with zero problems. Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Wife has had an Acura MDX and a Lexus RX330 during that time, I'd much rather ride in the Tahoe. The Tahoe goes through 2 foot Colorado snows like they aren't even there (plowed our street without a plow once so the Subarus could get out, seriously). Have had 2016s and 2017s as rentals over the last couple of years and really liked them. I am seriously considering updating, and absolutely would buy again. Probably will wait for the 2018 though, I really like what I have read about the Tahoe RST.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My 2107 Suburban Premier is great and I would buy it again if I needed to.
Now I've only put on 9500 KM so far, but taken a few road trips with the kids (4) and another with the inlaws.
Both trips were great to drive and everyone in the truck was comfy (including my very pregnant wife)

Damn, they are waaaaayyyy ahead of us up there, eh?! Can't wait to see the 2108's. I heard they fly themselves.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2107 Suburban Premier is great and I would buy it again if I needed to.

I'm curious did you get the second row captains chairs or bench?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts