Windshield Wiper Judder after new glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I KNOW I sound crazy.

But there's something wrong with this glass or wipers on this 2023.

As I mentioned, the glass was replaced. At 3k miles.

The original 3k old wipers started judder and jumping as soon as they cross the drivers side eye level sections. Basically directly above the HUD display on the glass.

Cleaned the new glass repeatedly and the juddering kept coming back.

Went back to Safelite, they gave me a new set of wiper blades. Safelite brand, nothing special.

The worked with minor squeaking when the swipe past the same spot "the driver eye level/above the HUD".

Today it rained and as soon as it starts swiping fast it squeals hard and loud at the drivers side at about eye level/above the HUD.

Something is wrong with the glass in that section, or I have 2 sets of bad wiper blades.

Is it possible the OEM glass was bad or defective in that spot? Is the wiper not set at the correct degree on the spline? Did they damage the wiper blade motor on the drivers side? Should I get a new set of OEM wiper blades?

Has anyone experienced anything like this after a windshield replacement?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Denatured alcohol is a good glass cleaner, but I still recommend following with Aquapel.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denatured alcohol is a good glass cleaner, but I still recommend following with Aquapel.
So you all think that this is just a matter of the glass being dirty and needing cleaning, and not a matter of poor quality glass? Defective glass? Or an improper install?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I don't know one piece of glass from another, but I would think that Safelite has good product. I've not had any issues with their glass, although it's been a couple of years since my last replacement.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does everyone use to pull the wiper arms on the 21± models?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660