Persistent Rattle from Passenger Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixThreeStopper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh look, another rattle topic!

Mine can be oddly and temporarily resolved; hoping others have a more permanent idea. '23 Yukon Denali with a rattle that can be soft or annoyingly loud. I can "fix" it temporarily by taking my fist and bumping the hatch area glass toward the bottom. When I do this, I can hear the rattle but from the outside. At some point, it stops, and it's OK typically for a week. Any ideas what this is? Wondering if it's a mount/clip for the window, but there's no noise or leaking I'm aware of. TIA for any ideas.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our 22 Tahoe has a rear glass rattle...only when towing the Airstream trailer. I think the air builds up in front of the trailer, and pushes the window in just enough to let the latch lose contact momentarily. I wonder if you get the same sound?

OP
OP
SixThreeStopper

SixThreeStopper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
our 22 Tahoe has a rear glass rattle...only when towing the Airstream trailer. I think the air builds up in front of the trailer, and pushes the window in just enough to let the latch lose contact momentarily. I wonder if you get the same sound?
I haven’t towed anything yet, so not that. However, I have tried a thin wrap of electrical tape around the rear hatch glass and the hatch itself. While that makes it close more solidly, it’s the long window area passenger side that’s at issue. I’m just trying to avoid hours at the dealership.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh look, another rattle topic!

Mine can be oddly and temporarily resolved; hoping others have a more permanent idea. '23 Yukon Denali with a rattle that can be soft or annoyingly loud. I can "fix" it temporarily by taking my fist and bumping the hatch area glass toward the bottom. When I do this, I can hear the rattle but from the outside. At some point, it stops, and it's OK typically for a week. Any ideas what this is? Wondering if it's a mount/clip for the window, but there's no noise or leaking I'm aware of. TIA for any ideas.
I know you said passnger rear, but check the whole hatch including the license plate. I had 1 of my trucks making a rattle and i swore it was from underneath by the spare tire. I was convinced it was the heat shield rubbing the exhaust, it ended up being the license plate and I only figured it out because after i got out from underneath i tripped on the dog and used the truck to steady myself but my hand hit the license plate…
Point is just check around the whole area you think its coming from…. Or have someone drive you around while you are in the cargo area and try to pinpoint it that way.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours rattles in this area as well, I found the seatbelt trim to be the issue, so i have some felt tape in there and it seems to have stopped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murk3d