Why do we buy high end vehicles ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

Benjamin Franklin

There I said it. I'm surrounding my casket in Benjamins.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
becuase people are brainwashed into thinking they need it
the money spent on some of these high end vehicles is absurd i mean abolutely disgusting

I know I don't NEED it...but I can afford to WANT it. And quite frankly, I spend a decent amount of my life inside a vehicle. Why should I drive a *************? Go rent a car from Hertz and step on the gas pedal....you know that feeling....and that's the feeling I would want to avoid.

What people spend on anything and everything is relative....

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have it and earned it...... spend it.

To hell with communist thinking and feeling of guilt.

Once basic life necessities are provided.... is when the true artistic and personality rich endeavours are exhibited.

Last edited:

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have it and earned it...... spend it.

To hell with communist thinking and feeling of guilt.

Once basic life necessities are provided.... is when the true artistic and personality rich endeavours are exhibited.
[emoji54]

DLB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with the OP that the quality doesn't match the price, but that's the case for many things these days, and I think there is certainly a price of admission on the full size SUVs. These things are not junk, but there are some corners that I wish GM had not cut. Particularly where the front piece of carpet meets the third row (covered now with husky mat). My driver seat cushion moves around a bit while taking corners. Never had that on my previous two GM trucks. Paint job is less than stellar. Seems the quality of my 05 silverado was better than this '15 and the '11 2500HD I sold a few months ago (it had a slew of problems) Really hoping to get at least a decade out of this yukon.

Sent using Tapatalk

Terrell2014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why buy high end vehicles? It's Americas love affair with metal and rubber that help drive this economy. I am in sales and these are mainly emotional decisions we make in getting new cars. People identify themselves and their lifestyles by the vehicles they drive. I'd much rather drive a Kia and have another 20K in my bank account but my ego buys cars, not my practical side! in all sincerity I love this truck, the product and cost I paid for it but the root of this is cars are an awful buy; period.

I could have bought a Denali, I bought a SLE instead because spending that much money on a car freaks me out. I need a large SUV for work/family/towing use and this vehicle fit my needs and budget. I am not brand loyal and vote with my wallet- This time, Gm won out hands DOWN over ford- no contest in the cost to value that ford was offering.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as high end, I equate money with time. Just how much of time in your life (work away from your couch) does it take to fund this purchase. Right now, it doesn't take much for us, so we buy what we want.

Ford/Lincoln will be judged next year when they finally introduce an all new Lincoln Nav and Ford Expo.

Last edited:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with george c's previous statement if you cant pay cash for it then dont buy it
and same goes for a house
everyone thinks going into debt to buy a car or mortgage is the best way im afraid it isnt
all your doing is making the banks and all those similar type companys filthy rich
say you get a mortgage for house for 100k 30 years at 4 percent
that calculates out to almost 72k in interest that your paying to what ever financial institution seriously id rather keep that

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with george c's previous statement if you cant pay cash for it then dont buy it
everyone thinks going into debt to buy a car or mortgage is the best way im afraid it isnt
all your doing is making the banks and all those similar type companys filthy rich
that calculates out to almost 72k in interest that your paying to what ever financial institution seriously id rather keep that
Best is get loan 1.9% and you pay like 265 per month that is a stealing from a bank and the do not make a lot on money.
[emoji38] [emoji161]

Terrell2014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Wish the reality of paying cash for a house was viable for my situation- I'd say that 90% of americans are not in that boat... I'd say most dont even put down 20%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33