Has anyone had similar experience or have any suggestions in my situation please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Tahoe High Country that had problems early on after purchasing the vehicle in March of 2021. The first trip back to the dealership consisted of the service advisor first checking the engine oil level on the dipstick which when he pulled it out had no engine oil on it. Then after multiple trips back with the vehicle to the dealership, I contacted General Motors Canada with my issues regarding the vehicle. The issues were that the truck had clouds of black, blue and white smoke coming with an odour everytime I would start the truck. I asked for a copy of the Pre Delivery Inspection report that shows that the engine oil was checked. The dealership refused to provide it. The dealership checked again for the engine oil at 3200 kms and there was no more oil again touching the dipstick. The advisor and shop foreman said that they need to run a engine oil consumption test on that truck because it should not be doing the things it is doing such as the smoke and coming in with little to no engine oil. Shortly after General Motors advised me that no engine oil consumption test be conducted till the vehicle reaches 12,000 kms. Then I fought with General Motors Canada who said they will buy the truck back on the condition I buy another vehicle. I said I want a diesel engine then. The dealership put me in a dealership vehicle that was a used trade run down vehicle. They told me I need to pay $231 a month payments to the dealership till a new vehicle comes. At this point it is November 2021. The vehicle which was given to me to drive had no gas in it, was absolutely dirty as if the vehicle was just traded in that day. I maintained the monthly payments on the vehicle. There were 5 orders pushed to try and get one accepted by General Motors for building my new vehicle. Of the orders, I selected simple builds and then placed two orders as fully loaded with all features. Instead all the orders were cancelled in May of 2022. In June of 2022 another order which is the 6th order was submitted for a build to General Motors Canada's. That order was accepted and pushed to be built with the oversight of the General Motors Executive Review team. That entire time I maintained my $231 a month payments still to drive that vehicle from the dealership. Then in August I was advised by the review team that the vehicle will be building by last week of August or early September of 2022 and that the truck is expected by early October. The new truck which is a 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate arrived to the dealership by October 4th, 2022 and I was not notified by the dealership till October 5th, 2022. The dealership completed the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) by October 5, 2022. Then I authorized for the parts and accessories to be installed. The dealership then ordered the parts for it and sent the truck on October 17, 2022 to get under coating done. The third party company who was supposed to undercoat the truck refused to do it because they saw once the truck was on a hoist there is frame damage that is very serious. Along with that was damage to other components and parts under the truck which exceeds $15,000 in damages. The dealership to this day claimed they did the PDI, but by clarifying with General Motors what constitutes a PDI to be completed and what that entails. They said it consists of a full top to bottom and from the back of the entire vehicle. Then within 3 days General Motors submitted another order with the Dealership to rush production for another vehicle. I asked for a copy of the build for the rushed order. General Motors Canada advised me to ask the dealership who inturned ignored my requests for a copy of the build worksheet of the new rush order. Then I sent a email asking for it as well. The dealership general manager sent it on December 6, 2022 and then General Motors advised me that the truck will be at the dealership by December 7th, 2022. On December 6, 2022 a few minutes after receiving the build I began emailing with the general manager at the dealership and then within 10 minutes of emails asked if the build was a 6.2 L which is has engine and not a Duramax Diesel engine. The general manager stopped replying to my emails. Then he tried to talk me into taking the 6.2 L and I refused. I have been provided with a $42,000 bill yet even with the money the dealership had in trust and no truck still. I have refused to pay for the dealership vehicle I am driving now cause technically what was suppose to be my truck did arrive but was wrecked.

GM Canada has a third truck for build in the system and I am absolutely hopeless and doubt a truck is the outcome. I have legal oversight because GM Canada is refusing to take accountability in this just as much. I’ve asked for money back too be they only will let me walk with $70,000 when I paid a lot more so they are trying to take a free cut out of everything. Both the dealership and General Motors refuse to compensate me in all the inconveniences, ruined my Christmas, and downplayed everything when technically I could and should have been in the 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate by October 2022.

If anyone has oversight, suggestions and advice, I would really appreciate it!!

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The smoking first truck you received had issues. That much is clear. GM offered to reorder you another truck.

The other one that was sent seems to have undercarriage damage as you say the 3rd party refused to do it.

As a logical person I don't think you would have 2 issues coincidentally from GM. I think it makes more sense that either the 3rd party did something stupid to the under carriage or it happened while being transported to the 3rd party. .

I remember your post about it from earlier. The trucks gm uses for shipping cannot really damage much underneath. Im willing to be it was wrecked. And someone somewhere doesn't wanna say how it happened. My money is on 3rd party .

As for the rest seems like they are probably not sure what is happening either. They may not have told you but I'm sure an internal investigation is underway.

The paying for the loaner is strange. As is the whole situation.

Sounds like you just had really horrible luck.

It's hard to say what to do. But GM will probably make you whole. Quit the email and talk to your dealer in person. You may have to be patient to get what you want as supply is still limited. I think if your respectful and nice you will get the outcome you want.

Sorry man.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would see an attorney and buy from a dealer that has it already in stock. Do you have any other truck in mind besides the GMC? From what you explained it feels like that dealer is a jinx.

OP
OP
D

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The smoking first truck you received had issues. That much is clear. GM offered to reorder you another truck.

The other one that was sent seems to have undercarriage damage as you say the 3rd party refused to do it.

As a logical person I don't think you would have 2 issues coincidentally from GM. I think it makes more sense that either the 3rd party did something stupid to the under carriage or it happened while being transported to the 3rd party. .

I remember your post about it from earlier. The trucks gm uses for shipping cannot really damage much underneath. Im willing to be it was wrecked. And someone somewhere doesn't wanna say how it happened. My money is on 3rd party .

As for the rest seems like they are probably not sure what is happening either. They may not have told you but I'm sure an internal investigation is underway.

It's hard to say what to do. But GM will probably make you whole. Quit the email and talk to your dealer in person. You may have to be patient to get what you want as supply is still limited. I think if your respectful and nice you will get the outcome you want.

Sorry man.
GM Canada has been extremely frustrating just as much as the dealership has been. They are on the fourth order for the truck cause the third had a 6.2L when it was suppose to be a Duramax which apparently is dealership who did that and the oversight was from 8 other people on GM Canada level. That’s 9 sets of eyes even though I asked for a copy of the build for 7+ weeks which would have mad me 10th set of eyes to look at it. On December 6, 2022, they sent it when the truck was in landed and ready to move to the dealership.

Dealership also sent me a bill for $42,000 when they have equally with GM Canada when they have on multiple levels breached there contract. I am refusing to pay $42,000 now and should not have to pay full price for the amount of issues I have had to go through. It’s caused for me to take time off work and much more.

OP
OP
D

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would see an attorney and buy from a dealer that has it already in stock. Do you have any other truck in mind besides the GMC? From what you explained it feels like that dealer is a jinx.
We have little stock in Canada because of allocation is far less from GM America. I have considered purchasing and exporting into Canada as well.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
What u just mentioned makes sense but speak to an attorney to CYA and keep something from coming back to bite you.

My eyes hurt on your initial post because of it contentious content about the dealer.

OP
OP
D

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Sorry man.
The whole situation is a complete mess. I am at a complete loss for money and no vehicle still that is mine. I did have a conversation regarding this with three GM's of different dealerships. They said this is certainly strange too.

The entire damage aspect is completely suspicious but I did see the truck for myself and did take some pictures should I need them for any purpose. I am frustrated to the point where now the lawyer has stepped in. In my province we have a Vehicle Sales Authority as well. But at this point I will let my lawyer roll with the punches with the whole billing me $42,000 for all this mayhem.

The dealership loaner has some mechanical issues and truly a putt putt car to the point that it is making a lot of noise. Its horrible cause even bylaw showed up about it. Thankfully they did not ticket me on it. But just a over all nuisance with the noise and it starting at 4 am when I am leaving for work.

I don't know about the whole talking to the dealer unperson cause I feel like he has not stepped up even once in person to apologize yet. These are not little issues and hiccups at this point. I have gone from not getting along to getting along and this whole screwing me over for the 3rd time and not having the 4th truck still. I told the dealer and GM Canada that I will not be paying the $42,000 bill and will be driving that truck off the lot one way or another.

They are basically firm on the numbers and if anything, the dealer sold the former problem Tahoe HC I had for a greater value significantly more than even offering more or reasonable to me. He refused to fix the truck and I was willing to keep the Tahoe if they had dropped a brand new engine. So I was more than willing to work with them, but they refused.

This entire situation is a complete shit show and technically I have been going through issues since 2021 of April when I bought the truck late March 2021. It certainly is not normal for any dealer to put a consumer through this like this has been. I keep struggling to believe it but its real. Today even GM Canada sent me a email telling me that the 23' is at event 3400 and I just don't feel phased at this point.

I did notify them that there is noise from this dealer vehicle and I need to be switched into another vehicle should they choose to fix there vehicle. As well I did tell them that I won't be returning the vehicle they put me in from there lot till the so called Yukon arrives.

I literally should be owed warranty cost, anytime the vehicle goes to the dealership, I should be getting the truck back with a full tank of gas, I should not have to pay for ceramic and PPF costs now, and I sure as heck should not have to pay any doc fees, no additional cost for features and secondary set of rims and tires and etc. Its a big list but I have sure dumped way too much money that they refused to give me all my money even.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone