Why do we buy high end vehicles ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I can agree with that to a degree, but most of these laws in place that are screwing people over and the ceo and vp's of this world are the greedy people of those generations. People wouldn't have to do side jobs and work two or three jobs to make ends meet if it wasnt for them. Now McDonald's workers sure as hell don't deserve $15 an hour, I had to work my way up and so should they, but giving the ceo a $1.5 mil bonus and giving an employee a .15-.30 cent raise is ********. That is the greed thatnis destroying this economy

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I was at my last job I left a few months ago for over 12 years. Worked my way up to management in two years at twenty, and was a manager ever since. Made decent money, but raises were .20-.30 cents a year. Hardly any bonuses for making sales. I was told right before I left (the reason I left) that I was at max pay and only get % 1 from there on out. After I left a few months later, wall street and them announced that the ceo was getting a % 50 raise and all the other vp and svp's got % 50-90 raises. WTF. I worked my ass off for that place for 12 years and get told im at max pay, then to find out that they got that huge of a raise for the work I DID for them?! That is the corporate greed that is destroying this economy, not people like me who want something nice every now and then.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can agree with that to a degree, but most of these laws in place that are screwing people over and the ceo and vp's of this world are the greedy people of those generations. People wouldn't have to do side jobs and work two or three jobs to make ends meet if it wasnt for them. Now McDonald's workers sure as hell don't deserve $15 an hour, I had to work my way up and so should they, but giving the ceo a $1.5 mil bonus and giving an employee a .15-.30 cent raise is ********. That is the greed thatnis destroying this economy

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I was at my last job I left a few months ago for over 12 years. Worked my way up to management in two years at twenty, and was a manager ever since. Made decent money, but raises were .20-.30 cents a year. Hardly any bonuses for making sales. I was told right before I left (the reason I left) that I was at max pay and only get % 1 from there on out. After I left a few months later, wall street and them announced that the ceo was getting a % 50 raise and all the other vp and svp's got % 50-90 raises. WTF. I worked my ass off for that place for 12 years and get told im at max pay, then to find out that they got that huge of a raise for the work I DID for them?! That is the corporate greed that is destroying this economy, not people like me who want something nice every now and then.

It's not corporate greed Phil, it's called capitalism.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Or ********...same thing. Hahaha
All in all, I am good with my money and know what I can afford. If I decide to buy something I want and have to live paycheck to paycheck, and I can still not juggle bills, then I see nothing wrong with that. We all have or vices and wants, some just vary from person to person. To each his own.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not corporate greed Phil, it's called capitalism.

100% George!

If you don't like what seems to be meager raises and occupation pay rate caps...well get another job. Yes, the CEO made money....well, he's the CEO. I"m the CEO of my business....maybe it's the time to become CEO of your own business. Otherwise, find another job place where you're content and stop complaining.

Capitalism marches on!

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

So im a ******* who is not in debt and can afford what I have? That doesnt make sense. People who go into debt and have credit cards maxed and still buy new stuff and juggle bills are dipshits. I can afford everything I have and still have money to splurge on small things. Its kinda rude to tell me what I can and cant afford. I dont go balls out and spend money like crazy. I know my limits. You wont be bailing me out I can tell you that.

Well, everyone has a different view of spending money on things they enjoy.

I wasn't calling YOU a *******...I was making the case that those who spend without limits are being bailed out by more prudent folks.

Now, I would theorize that spending across the board without sacrificing ANYTHING or close to anything likely means that you're spending within your means. I can't telling you what to spend and not spend on. However, if you're sacrificing somewhere, then you're exceeding a threshold of sorts. It's obviously up to you to decide where that threshold is. However, conventional financial responsibility would suggest that most shouldn't spend above practical thresholds where financial sacrifices or lifestyle sacrifices come into play.

You make a comparison example of taking vacations...sure its frivolous...but for some people, taking a vacation is like buying a coffee...it doesn't impact them financially one bit whatsoever. You cannot make a blanket statement of what others spend on and what's frivolous or not. It all depends on each person's financial independence and strategies. I certainly don't need a Yukon. I have 6 cars for one driver; the cheapest one being the Yukon. However, if I noticed that I couldn't eat a steak dinner because I have a license plate renewal fee coming up at the DMV, well that would make me think about how I'm spending my money...not because I couldn't have certain things, by sacrificing others....but probably because I shouldn't have those things period.

Last edited:

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
100% George!

If you don't like what seems to be meager raises and occupation pay rate caps...well get another job. Yes, the CEO made money....well, he's the CEO. I"m the CEO of my business....maybe it's the time to become CEO of your own business. Otherwise, find another job place where you're content and stop complaining.

Capitalism marches on!

And its THAT ****** greedy ATTITUDE that is destroying america. Not me. Nevermind the people who actually do the work for you or help you. Without people like me, you wouldn't be where you are. And dont tell me you would. You cant do it all by yourself.

I did go out and find a better job. Im not ceo but the pay is great and the retirement is golden. Railroad retirement btw.
Im not complaing about buying something I can afford or cant afford. I complaining about greedy assholes who think they deserve it all and **** OVER the people who do the actual work for them. Thats who.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And its THAT ****** greedy ATTITUDE that is destroying america. Not me. Nevermind the people who actually do the work for you or help you. Without people like me, you wouldn't be where you are. And dont tell me you would. You cant do it all by yourself.

I did go out and find a better job. Im not ceo but the pay is great and the retirement is golden. Railroad retirement btw.
Im not complaing about buying something I can afford or cant afford. I complaining about greedy assholes who think they deserve it all and **** OVER the people who do the actual work for them. Thats who.
Nothing to do with this but you work in Strasbourg rail road?

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Haha no thank god. Couldnt deal with all those kids!

Norfolk Southern Railroad conductor

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha no thank god. Couldnt deal with all those kids!

Norfolk Southern Railroad conductor

Is my boy Julian Gadiel dream. he love Thomas we go there this month we may stay overnight there in The Red Caboose Motel & Restaurant.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Exactly my point! YOU went and did what you had to do to advance yourself. Those who work for me, are completely content on their current stature. If they wanted to leave, well that's their choice. Someone else will fill their void. It's not up to me to make sure that every one of my employees can live like I can. It's up to me to provide a position that pays a certain wage; that wage may totally satisfy some and for others, it may not be enough, and yet for certain others it may be enough for a temporary time being.

You see...it goes hand in hand. I agree that without my employees, I wouldn't be where I am today. However, without me, my employees wouldn't have a job...and I don't call that greedy; I call that market capitalism. Plain and simple. I'm sure you support the McDonald's employees asking for $15/hour wages too...because without them, who will cook the next Big Mac order?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point! YOU went and did what you had to do to advance yourself. Those who work for me, are completely content on their current stature. If they wanted to leave, well that's their choice. Someone else will fill their void. It's not up to me to make sure that every one of my employees can live like I can. It's up to me to provide a position that pays a certain wage; that wage may totally satisfy some and for others, it may not be enough, and yet for certain others it may be enough for a temporary time being.

You see...it goes hand in hand. I agree that without my employees, I would't be where I am today. However, without me, my employees wouldn't have a job...and I don't call that greedy; I call that market capitalism. Plain and simple.

Agree in my case to i have 3 guys work for me is up to them how they live and what they do with they money,in the pass 8 years they are day to day work for me and they are make decent money. if they find better job and desired to go, perfect for me i have 20 plus application.
:hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA