2017 Yukon XL Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
Your front mrc struts are most likely locked up. Very common issue. It should ride very nicely.
They were both blown out, I've since replaced them. I should have gone with the regular shocks.

Whats the gizmo you use to trick the computer? Just a resistor between the wires?

OP
OP
duke90

duke90

Reaction score
I'm really posing to follow the the thread.

Does it ride better with the fancy suspension removed? My 15 Yukon feels like I'm driving around a harbor freight tool cart.

C
The mag ride suspension was smooth when it was still in good shape. The Fox suspension I have on it now feels about the same as the good condition oem suspension in terms of ride quality. I swapped over to fox because oem replacement parts were already a little pricey and I don’t trust non-GM genuine parts. With the Fox I can also hit the trails and washboards road and it’s much better at that than the mag-ride.

OP
OP
duke90

duke90

Reaction score
They were both blown out, I've since replaced them. I should have gone with the regular shocks.

Whats the gizmo you use to trick the computer? Just a resistor between the wires?
Just sim caps you connect to the harness. I got mine off Amazon for $140 for a pair (I need 2 pairs because I replaced both the front struts and the rear shocks)

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea i went with the xengineering sims for the front shocks when i put fox units up front. When i replaced the rear shocks i went with air shocks to retain that function but got the ones that had built in simulators for the mrc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar