Why do we buy high end vehicles ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NevadaNick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
15 Yukon Denali service 4wd msg, back of seat falling off, my 11 CC Dually Denali had def issue first week, oil leak at 1 month and nox sensor recently. The Yukon replaced a Mercedes that wasnt any better build quality.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
becuase people are brainwashed into thinking they need it
the money spent on some of these high end vehicles is absurd i mean abolutely disgusting

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To keep up with the jones's of course!

In all honesty , no clue? I wont lie if I had the money I would definitely buy more vehicle, Ive noticed that as my pay goes up and I progress in my career I feel the need to drive "a step up" Ill be one of these idiots that buy a 2020 tahoe or yukon for 100k

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't write a check for high end vehicles, you shouldn't be buying them in the first place...
Buy what you can afford that still allows for savings.
Keeping up with the Jonses will make you broke like the Jonses when you get to retirement time.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
People want to feel fancy... I personally am happy with my 2dr although ice been trying to get a quad cab stick shift ram fem a buddy for a while. I just don't like how uncomfortable newer cars are. I did run around in a nnbs Sierra 4x4 for a bit but was not impressed

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll go against the previous post again... if people had to write a check for higher priced vehicles there wouldn't be hardly any on the road. You probably have the same thoughts on buying a house too?...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Real estate is a different ball game. Right now got 2 houses one to rent and another to live in. Houses can make you money luxury cars can't unless you own a company that needs them

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll go against the previous post again... if people had to write a check for higher priced vehicles there wouldn't be hardly any on the road. You probably have the same thoughts on buying a house too?...

Considering a house is an appreciating asset, and a home mortgage interest tax deductible, vs. a highly depreciating non asset and auto loans are not tax deductible, I think the difference defines itself to most.

I'm just laying out that the choices you make today will define your life tomorrow.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And these high end vehicles have gone up in price the past few years. My 2012 avalanche LTZ was under 50 MSRP. The Tahoe LT I have now I got for 55 discounted. I got very lucky with my financing because the dealership f-ed up with the tag situation (long story) and end up having to take a hit in order for me to get re-financed. Ended up getting a much lower APR. :D

I know this website seems to behave like "yukondenaliforum.com" instead of tahoeyukon forum, but my Tahoe LT is more than enough vehicle for me that i can (barely) afford. I can get most of the features of the LTZ with the LT now (with navigation and luxury package). Nothing in the Yukon Denali sans the bigger engine (the new 5.3 is improved enough to be just fine for me) is worth the upgrade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NevadaNick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wrote a check for all of em and the 2 houses we have, thats not the point. Why is there no quality in anything ? They dont take any more care in building their high profit vehicles than the lowest priced model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700