What DON'T you like about your 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wthrelkeld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the exterior of the 2015's. I do really like the interior though :)

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imnohero, I purchased the GM center console organizer and I really like it. Do a goggle search with GM part # 22817343 and it will show pictures of it in use. Retail price is $50 but you can pick one up for about $42. Good luck.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ACC.
I hate it. You have to judge about 200' away when on an interstate so brakes aren't applied. If a car cuts into your lane, more brakes and then gas.
It sucks and I wish I could disable the laser.
I actually love the ACC. I do wish you could use it like a regular cruise then switch it on if you wanted to though. There is a learning curve for using the ACC for sure. I usually stick to the right lane and move over only to pass. I used to wait until I was getting close to the slower car in my lane before moving left and going around. Now, I have to plan further ahead as the ACC will slow down before I would normally have changed lanes. Then, when I do change, it guns the motor because of the difference between my desired speed and the speed to which the ACC slowed me to. I've just started getting over earlier but years of the driving one way are hard habits to break.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

imnohero, I purchased the GM center console organizer and I really like it. Do a goggle search with GM part # 22817343 and it will show pictures of it in use. Retail price is $50 but you can pick one up for about $42. Good luck.
Thanks. I'll order one.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Re: my point regarding the radio. I've got to be doing something wrong. I looked in settings but couldn't find anything?

Example: This morning I took the kids to daycare. I had bluetooth on so we could listen to some songs off of my phone. Get back in car after drop off, and I want to listen to sports talk on the radio. So I press the radio button. I am taken to the a screen which shows me the last station I was one. There is a "browse" button on the left side of the screen which can bring up a list of stations, a "menu" button the right side of the screen, etc. But my favorites don't appear along the bottom of the screen. I have to push the arrow on the lower right of the screen to get them to show up?

When I go to "radio" my favorite radio stations should be on the screen without any extra clicks. That just doesn't make any sense. Is there a way to "dock" the favorites so they always appear?

Edit - the above isn't even correct. There is NO arrow to pull up the favorites bar from the default 'radio' screen. In order to even find the arrow I have to hit that browse button or return home. Makes zero sense.

17038338999_0055458ba5_z.jpg
16604317283_1a40342b07_z.jpg

I don't really have many complaints about the intellilink or radio. I wish they were a little more iPhone friendly but that's about it. I rented a 2015 Tahoe, Suburban and Yukon XL prior to getting my 15i Denali and can say my truck 's system works much, much better. It might be the mid-year changes more so than the Denali upgrades though.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP Once at a radio station just press and hold a favorite button and it will save it there...
Also steering wheel helps with nav through different sources and nav bluetooth phone music albums, artistist, etc...Overall I love it, a couple of things here and there but on a day to day basis, its a #beast

PS totally agree with the HDMI issue. Not forward thinking...

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
1. The MyLink (Radio, Sat, and especially the Navigation) system is slow to respond to comands. Both the touch screen and the steering wheel controls. It's like an old computer.
2. The low beam headlights aren't bright enough.

Love everything else.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. The MyLink (Radio, Sat, and especially the Navigation) system is slow to respond to comands. Both the touch screen and the steering wheel controls. It's like an old computer.
2. The low beam headlights aren't bright enough.

Love everything else.
Do you have a 15i? It's much faster on the mid-year models.... at least mine is.

OP
OP
WBHMSU

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP Once at a radio station just press and hold a favorite button and it will save it there...

This would be the common sense thing, but mine does not work like that. To illustrate:

I'm on my default "radio" screen.

17038338999_0055458ba5.jpg

I press the "Browse" button to get to a list of channels. I scroll up to tune to the one I want to set as a favorite:

17020316887_615ca2f123.jpg

My favorites have disappeared again so I have to hit the arrow to bring them back up.

17201799976_7218084293.jpg

I long press on the empty favorite slot where I want to set 95.5 as the favorite.

17040200800_ce7b46bbec.jpg

Should be done, you would think. In 99% of vehicles I've ever driven, 95.5 would now be favorite #9. But for some reason with this radio, you have to take yet another completely unecessary step.

You get this "Select an Item to Store" screen, where you have to scroll to the radio station you want to select, and press it again to select it as your favorite.

17040217620_8d869bdbeb.jpg

Only now does it become your #9 favorite.

17227213181_6c603d2e27.jpg

The extra step isn't a huge gripe. It just seems completely unnecessary.

The bigger gripe for me is that it seems I have to make an extra 2-3 clicks from any given spot to get back to my favorites. I like the way the UI works with the favorites bar, how you can scroll across to your next set or drag it up and expand it, I just think it should dock on the bottom at all times when you are in any "radio" screen.

I did figure out that you can hit "down" on the left rocker on the back side of the steering wheel from your default info screen:

17201843376_e716ce69e1.jpg

And bring up your favorites. You then use the directional controls on the right hand side on the front of the wheel to toggle up and down to the favorite you want and hit the check button to tune to it. I guess I will be using this 90% of the time when I want to tune a favorite.

17040256190_74d57a1871_c.jpg

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The paddle on the back left of the steering wheel will also cycle through your favorites. That's what I sue when surfing the radio channels.

powderbrake

Reaction score
I have had my 2015 Tahoe for almost a year, and the only two things that I don't like about it are the "step to release" parking brake. I prefer a hand pull release.

My biggest gripe is the 3rd row seats. I wish they offerd an option to delete them. I have no use for them. My 2007 Tahoe had removeable seats, and they sat in the garage for 8 years in plastic bags. I hate paying for something that I don't want. And, I want more rooom in the rear which would be available without the seats. I have told GM about the seat issue.

Aside from those nit picks, it's a great car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667