Radio in my '23 Denali just started acting weird... Q about resetting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an AM station saved as a favorite on my screen. Yesterday, when pressing on it, the drop-down box at the top of the screen initially showe "AM," but didn't load the station, showed "FM," and then played the AM station I was looking for in the first place -- while showing an FM station frequency that I'm not familiar with. This morning, the same thing happened, but it never did access and play the AM station. It just jumped to "FM," but showed the same strange frequency, but played nothing. I could navigate to a different, known FM frequency from there -- and my XM stations all come through just fine -- but something has definitely gone goofy.

I know from reading that these infotainment systems leave plenty to be desired. And I know that I can (and how to) reset the system by holding down the phone-end button on the steering wheel. I'll see if that fixes things, but I'd first like to know if doing that reset process is also going to wipe out all of my presets (or if it's just going to reset the system, like a soft iphone reset, and retain my presets).

Thoughts? Thanks.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and reset it, and it FIXED my issue (for now) and did. NOT wipe my presets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar