What DON'T you like about your 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nodistortion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1. The computer controlled charging system. My voltage varies from about 12.5 - 14.2 volts depending on what the computer feels like doing. When it is 110 deg outside and the computer decides we only need 12.5V, the electric cooling fan on the radiator spins significantly slower and my A/C blows warmer. I have been monitoring it for several weeks now, it makes a 5 - 10 degree discharge air temperature difference in the vents.

2. The rear air doesn't work when idling via remote start. I have 2 kids in kid seats that sit in the hot sun and I'd like to be able to cool them off before we get in the car. If you have kids you know they get in the car first. My kids have to bake there while I get both kids loaded up and myself loaded up and then ignition switch turned on, then the rear air works.

3. Storage behind radio should not be powered when key is off. Being always powered totally disables it as a secure location to have anything of value.

4. License plate lights and backup lights should be LED like the rest of the lights on the back. I've already switched mine out, huge improvement.

5. For $50k+ I expect HID headlights. Halogens at this level? Really?

6. Electronic throttle programming. Requires too much driver input for slight acceleration.

7. Axle Ratio, I got the optional 3.42 and it is still much too tall. Some 4.10s would be nice.

8. Did I mention the rear air not working with remote start??

04/2015 Yukon SLE 2wd - HD towing package

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After being spoiled by Range Rover:

1. MyLink's iPod incompatibility
2. The huge plastic air dam in the front
3. The fact that these large/expensive vehicle still don't have an air suspension option
4. No "one touch up" rear windows
5. No Pano roof option
6. Active fuel management (maybe it could just cut down to 6, mitigating that awful 4cyl sound?)
7. No Left foot foot rest... ???

Otherwise, it's a pretty decent SUV

Last edited:

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main complaints so far after a month...

1. The "clunky" driver's seat that many have experienced.

2. The awkward (to me) entry and exit. My 2003 memory seats lowered to a more convenient position for exit and could be programmed not to return to memory set position until the key was placed in ignition. My 2015 returns to set position on unlock only. I can't seem to enter the vehicle without banging my head on roof, legs on steering wheel, or both.

3. Seat foam could be thicker and more comfortable in general.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Intellilink system is slow/sluggish, and I also don't like that the car honks when you get out and leave the keys in it.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iphone/ipod incompatibility.
no hids for $58k
accessory plugs are not hot out of the gate
The fact I didn't get nav or the blu ray. But that's my fault

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've now had my 2015i Tahoe LT for a little over a month 1,700 miles. So far the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when the truck is running and I get out with the keys in my pocket and close the door it gives three honks of the horn. Would be nice of this could be turned off but so far the only option I have found is for when the keys are left in the vehicle. Otherwise I've been loving my truck.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had it since November '14 and have about 8000 miles on it. My list, in no particular order is:

- 100 degrees outside, hot-as-satan's-ass-hole inside, use remote start and the ventilated seats don't come on automatically. My 2010 Suburban did that and it was massively cheaper.

- Need to be able to turn off ACC. If you've ever driven on really dirty roads covered in snow, sleet, slush and other crap, you've had the thing simply turn off. It really needs to be able to operate as a regular CC in those situations.

- Let me use the seat memory without turning the car on. Every time my wife drives the car I have to destroy my knee getting into the car to turn it on so I can hit the memory button and move the seat. I know GM can go this because my wife's Acadia Denali does it just fine.

- Too many little recall/service things. It's in the shop as I write this having some u-joint bolt loss of index thing fixed and having the torque converter shudder reflash done. When I got the truck it needed a replacement front axle because of a busted joint boot and they've had to take down the headliner because the rear AC line wasn't connected and my kids were frying in the back. While I have faith they will get it all fixed, this is absurd for a new vehicle at any price, much less that of a Denali.

All that said, I really like this vehicle. I'm constantly impressed with how good the fuel economy is given the size of the thing and it's engine. It's comfortable and offers great utility.

I probably should have waited for a 2016 but I'm not going to lose sleep over that now.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Let me use the seat memory without turning the car on. Every time my wife drives the car I have to destroy my knee getting into the car to turn it on so I can hit the memory button and move the seat. I know GM can go this because my wife's Acadia Denali does it just fine.

I can use mine without the truck being on. I stand at the door and just hold down #2 and it goes right to my settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz