What DON'T you like about your 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really happy with mine. I'm only a few days in so hopefully I will get used to some of these. None are major gripes but at first glance there are a few things I noticed. This is not a thread to rip on the vehicle. As stated I LOVE it. Just maybe thinking others might have some helpful tips around some minor gripes people share here, and perhaps GMs designers and engineers might have some food for thought for improvements going forward.

-Perhaps I just haven't figured it out yet, but I don't think the radio is super intuitive. I'm on a 2015d so maybe they're better in the 2015is. I don't like that the favorites don't appear at all times. When I go to the home screen, I have to touch the arrow to get them to pop up. I also don't like how convoluted it seems to be to set a new station as a favorite. I can be tuned to the station, bring up the favorites menu at the bottom, long press my station and it asks me which action I want to set as a favorite. The station I'm tuned to! Instead I basically have to go to radio, bring up the 'categories' sub menu that shows all of the stations, THEN long press the favorite slot and then select one of the stations on the "categories" sub menu as my 'action'.

Similarly, I have an "intuitive-ness" issue with my music that comes in via bluetooth on my phone. How the hell do I bring up the list of songs so I can scroll through them? As is, I have to do this on my phone. Is that the only way? Maybe I just need to camp out in the driveway for an hour and mess with the radio to figure things out....

-The center console is ginormous. This is both good and bad. I like having lots of space in there, but I feel like I'm at a high top at a bar. And I could fit a large pizza on the high top.

-The Universal Home Remote is kind of hard to get to, if that makes any sense. Like, I want to reach up and have it be right there. Instead I reach up, and have to reach forward over gaps and curves to find it. It's almost "hidden" from your eye by the contours of the headliner in that spot and the other controls. I'm sure I will get used to this but right now it just doesn't seem very intuitive.

-Mentioned in another thread. I'm not thrilled with how the cargo area is set up with the 3rd row folded down. I like a big flat area with maximum head room because I have a big dog. Instead it's very high off the ground compared to the previous model, and you've got a big hump where the storage area is. Though overall, this is much better than having to manually take the seats out like you did in the previous models.

-This is an options gripe, but I kind of miss passive entry. I didn't really like it when I got it on my previous vehicle (as well as keyless start), but I guess I got used to it. This is the one option I didn't get that I wish I would have. This really should be standard equipment at the LT/SLT trim level +.

-Power liftgate close button on the rear. I don't like where it's located. I feel like it would be much smarter to locate it lower, like on the side of the cargo area. It sucks when you gather all of your groceries, etc out of the back, have your arms full and then have reach up 7 feet into the air to press the close button. I suppose I could press it on the key fob, but I have my hands full already with 12 grocery bags or my daughter or whatnot. This is the one instance where I wish I had the 2015i with the hands free liftgate.

Last edited:

hamd1719

Reaction score
breaks down always

It always breaks down steering column goes knocking lifgate ads pop and so many more stuff Bluetooth and iPod connectivity is messed up didn't knew that this was possible.

MortMan

Reaction score
A few ticky tack little things:

1. The front windshield sprayer button should be at the end of the stalk and the rear on the little flappy paddle thing (reverse them)
2. The home link buttons should be where the dome lights with us and vice versa. They are used far more frequently than the dome light switch and should be closer to the driver.
3. The power point in the center councel should be hot when the ignition is off. I have mine set for hot powerpoints (moved the fuse) but the only one that is hot with the ignition is off is the one in the cubby in front of the cup holder. If they engineered in a pass through for a phone cord couldn't you make that power source hot when the car is off?

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A flat floor in the back as previously mentioned (dogs and Stuff). hot all the time power ports and more of them.Tow hooks std. and fog lights.

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mortman's #3 is a valid point.. but it is like that in many manufacturers configs. I think that was lawyer consulting at work.

1) Initially the tranny programming.. which I fixed with a quick tune via Intune
2) No HDMI. RCA is passe..
3) All vehicles from GM costing $35K and above from GM or any manufacturer should automatically come with HIDs. A $65K one should certainly have it.
4) I should be able to use my CAI from my last GM SUV ('07 Tahoe) on my new one. I literally opted to not buy a CAI for this SUV simply because I still have one from my '07.. and my '00 that I could not fit to the newer years. They are $400+ a piece.

I kno #4 is not a GM concern.. but it is a peeve of mine

12many

Reaction score
To the OP. I don't even own one yet, but I agree with all your points. The size of the center console is like a hummer (well maybe not that big). I like to shift a bit side to side on long trips and the center console it takes up more room than needed so it will make it more difficult.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the huge center console but cannot figure out a good way to organize it yet. Maybe i should've gotten the organizer from GM... too bad it isn't a little refrigerator. My 14 Range Rover had a little mini fridge in the armrest.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

BTW, anyone have one of those organizers and can tell me if they're any good?

Nord

Reaction score
3) All vehicles from GM costing $35K and above from GM or any manufacturer should automatically come with HIDs. A $65K one should certainly have it.

This is my only complaint so far. The headlights on my 2015.5 Yukon SLT are horrible.

Knit picking, I don't like the layout of the wiper controls, but that's no big deal and will just take some getting used to.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

I like the huge center console but cannot figure out a good way to organize it yet. Maybe i should've gotten the organizer from GM... too bad it isn't a little refrigerator. My 14 Range Rover had a little mini fridge in the armrest.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

BTW, anyone have one of those organizers and can tell me if they're any good?

I ordered this before my Yukon arrived. It works well, but I might change it out for a locking safe.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FMV0WFA/ref=pe_385040_128020140_TE_3p_dp_1

OP
OP
WBHMSU

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: my point regarding the radio. I've got to be doing something wrong. I looked in settings but couldn't find anything?

Example: This morning I took the kids to daycare. I had bluetooth on so we could listen to some songs off of my phone. Get back in car after drop off, and I want to listen to sports talk on the radio. So I press the radio button. I am taken to the a screen which shows me the last station I was one. There is a "browse" button on the left side of the screen which can bring up a list of stations, a "menu" button the right side of the screen, etc. But my favorites don't appear along the bottom of the screen. I have to push the arrow on the lower right of the screen to get them to show up?

When I go to "radio" my favorite radio stations should be on the screen without any extra clicks. That just doesn't make any sense. Is there a way to "dock" the favorites so they always appear?

Edit - the above isn't even correct. There is NO arrow to pull up the favorites bar from the default 'radio' screen. In order to even find the arrow I have to hit that browse button or return home. Makes zero sense.

17038338999_0055458ba5_z.jpg
16604317283_1a40342b07_z.jpg

Last edited:

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ACC.
I hate it. You have to judge about 200' away when on an interstate so brakes aren't applied. If a car cuts into your lane, more brakes and then gas.
It sucks and I wish I could disable the laser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia