What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A short box regular cab is the same wheel base, and do you have a thread somewhere on your build? I'd love to follow along.

sent from a slablet

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only need about 1-1.5" out of the cable. Might try to get that from adjusting it. If I can't I'll have to learn more about cables than I care to.

No build thread unfortunately. I think it's been done enough. Not sure I have anything to contribute to what's become fairly common knowledge. I read your sig, nojeep. Your truck seems nice and beefy.

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, it is becoming pretty common to do axle swaps on obs GM trucks nowadays.

Thanks, I wanted to over build it because I don't like breaking parts.

sent from a slablet

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a new MAC catback exhaust installed today. found it on ebay for $280. all I wanted was oem replacement. nice system , but the tailpipe is horrendously long. thinking about either doing my own slashcut , or cutting a few inches and putting on one of those dress tips. old sytem had rotted away behind the muffler

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the grinder out and do the tip. Post before and afters

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took about 4 inches off and made a slight boloney cut in there.. nothing crazy just in case I end up putting a tip on there
before
IMG_1046_zpsqtgc1uge.jpg

after
IMG_1052_zpstehh4uvi.jpg

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd cut it off before it angles down and throw a tip on it and call it a day

......remember, just the tip game LOL

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
problem is there is a crinkle bend where it angles down. the tip need something to bite onto for support. I will have to go to pep boys and brainstorm

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new axle on the ground. Next morning a 2" spot of diff oil is gathering. Guess bearing is bad. Seal is new. I'll grab some bearings and do both sides while I have the tools on rent.
Merry Christmas y'all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia