What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phantom240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved my Yellow Top in my 240sx years ago. What's wrong with Optima batteries, sunlit?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I picked up sanding pads yesterday and a fitting I needed. Soon I will paint the hoe

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the brand was transferred to a new owner basically and the quality of them has dropped. seeing more threads of people having theirs go bad in 1-2 years. maybe 3. :imo: use the strongest high batteries you can fit in your vehicle from interstate or sears. this is where i stand on batterys right now for the near future.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

i shoud also not e the transfer happened in 2000 and the batts for a while were good but lately as the owner johsnons controls make some decent stuff as far as the batt is concerned they are basically a constructor and private labeler for other companies and have let the quality of materials used lack. i was hoping that as they became oem providers for hybrid cars things would improve but i just don't see the evidence of it yet in any significant amount.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I'm with sunlit. Optima stuff is junk now. You're better off with a Neverlast from Walmart. :lol:

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, today I found out why the Tahoe has run like a wet turd and why it has been a monumental gas HOG...I had purchased a modded TBI unit when I first got the truck, and installed it. the pigging began...Then i picked up a edelbrock manifold cheap and put that all together, and the tbi unit never felt right on there. Seemed to bind up.. Tbi unit was for a 454...Problem solved...Replaced it today with a 350 one...not yet modded...

Runs like brand new...stumble and miss now gone, and got her old power back!

tbi02.jpg

Shawn

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talk about a parts misapplication.

Yeah, the guy who sold it to me said it came off his truck with a 350. I didn't check it out, as I was happy to have a "modded TBI" unit. Believe it or not, it fit the factory intake just fine with no issues, but not the edelbrock.

Now I have a spare TBI for a 454...lol

Shawn

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well monday replaced steering gear box,pit arm and power steering
pump pressure hose all L T W parts.

99thomas

Reaction score
swapped my new rims tires from the tahoe to the burb(looks good but forgot to add the tire size into the equation of lift and barely got out of the garage) after i finished the level kit, getting ready to order the new lift springs and flip kit for the u bolts for the 14 bolt 9.5 im going to be installing and getting rid of the blocks. nnbs rims look stupid on the tahoe but atleast theyre only on there while its being built.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soundman56