What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with new battery suggestions? Im going to replace the original on my father in-laws 2020 Denali (everything is OEM), but I wasnt sure who to go with this time. Delco from the stealership is prob going to cost a fortune compared to even the local AP store “gold”. But ive also heard that even the optima (which used to be good), are no longer what they used to be.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

*special note. I forgot that the RPO codes are no longer in the glovebox on newer vehicles. It’s a QR code found on the lower part of the drivers B pillar near the running board. Scan the code and it will populate a link with the codes.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. Nice to know there's a nice shiny AAA truck within 30 mins from anywhere in the USA though, that's worth the annual fee.
I wish that were the case. We called AAA when a tire blew out on our horse trailer. Despite being on a main 4-lane highway they told us 1-2hours. I was able to get it changed out even with a horse onboard before they called us back with an update (telling us it would be closer the two hour mark). That weekend I dropped AAA after and bought four brand new Carlisle’s for the trailer.
It would have been nice if they showed up, because my wife and her family don’t keep any tools in the trailer before then. Nor did they have any flares or even a set of triangles. That eye opening experience changed their thoughts on that subject really quickly.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New brake calipers, rotors and pads on the ‘07. Tried to install new brake hoses too, but the ones I bought from Advance Auto had the wrong key pattern around the collars on the inboard ends so they wouldn’t fit into the mounting brackets. See pic. So I went to autozone and asked for the correct brake hoses and they had the same problem too. I could look at them side by side with the factory parts and see the different pattern clearly. Weird.

View attachment 415600
View attachment 415601
View attachment 415602
View attachment 415603
How did you do the bleed?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, here's what the rotors I took off looked like on the inboard sides. Both were worn in a similar pattern, which I attribute to worn calipers. Looking at the inside edges of the new rotors after a few days' driving, they're wearing much more evenly so far. The new ones are Powerstop Z23 rotors and pads.

1701716695103.png

I had installed them back in December, 2018 so they had 5 years and about 45K miles on them. They only saw road salt 3-4 times since then, and I hit the car wash immediately after each time, so they were rusted more than I expected. This is what they were:

1701717015674.png

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with new battery suggestions? Im going to replace the original on my father in-laws 2020 Denali (everything is OEM), but I wasnt sure who to go with this time. Delco from the stealership is prob going to cost a fortune compared to even the local AP store “gold”. But ive also heard that even the optima (which used to be good), are no longer what they used to be.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

*special note. I forgot that the RPO codes are no longer in the glovebox on newer vehicles. It’s a QR code found on the lower part of the drivers B pillar near the running board. Scan the code and it will populate a link with the codes.

rock auto had a good price on acdelco agm batteries. mine wasn't agm stock but they don't sell or ship the normal ones. so no core return either.

the agm vs normal lead acid is a deep rabbit hole. but I tried it and so far so good. only been a year or so thou.