What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil yesterday. Ordered some more KnN filters thinking i was out. Anyone else noticed the change in design? The new filter is a bit shorter and it has more holes near the gasket. New and old filter were bought on amazon
View attachment 413819

View attachment 413820View attachment 413821

View attachment 413822

View attachment 413823
I will let you know shortly, my amazon order was just delivered and when i get home ill look. I was also skeptical when i got some from Amazon last year or 2 yrs ago because they weren’t wrapped in clear plastic like they used to be… apparently k&n is saving the planet by not using plastic anymore…. I liked the wrap because you knew no debris or whatever could be in the filter unless it came from the factory and we all know how easily oil filter boxes open for some reason….

Down8

Reaction score
What 2nd battery system did you install? I have the Hellroaring Primary/Backup Battery system. Also, why do some hoods have the hood lift strut and springs and some do not? My suburban does not have the hood lift strut.
No idea on the hood strut. I can't recall what my 2010 D'max had under there. I wonder why some have a grounding wire, and some don't.

Anyway, I used this cheap-o Amazon version for the battery isolator. It looks just like the more popular Keyline one, but costs 1/2 as much. And it had like 12ft of red wire, and only 2ft of black. :shrug: I used the black and maybe 6-7ft of red.

Today I added the RC-knockoff 2" lower strut leveling block. Took most of the day, but that was with teaching my nephew all along the way (frustrating at times, but gotta guide the youngsters).
PXL_20231114_215742303.jpg
One the passenger side my CV boot has a small tear, and grease was all over. So now I'm shopping for boots/axles. $25 for a boot kit vs. $70+ for a whole new axle.... I mean, the labor is the real cost, and I'll be doing that myself, and the whole CV is [probably...?] less messy, thus saving my labor/cleanup.... Hm....

PXL_20231115_011537752.NIGHT.jpg
Just a quick snap when we stopped to grab a burger after wrapping up. Man, you can barely even tell I had side moldings on there.... :rolleyes: <sigh> Eraser wheel/buffing kit is on the way, and you can actually see the tube with the new slim BSMs in the rear window. That's the coming weekend's project. Tomorrow I need to get the wipers/arms back on, before the storm arrives. Also really need to align my headlamps with the higher nose.

-bZj

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea on the hood strut. I can't recall what my 2010 D'max had under there. I wonder why some have a grounding wire, and some don't.

Anyway, I used this cheap-o Amazon version for the battery isolator. It looks just like the more popular Keyline one, but costs 1/2 as much. And it had like 12ft of red wire, and only 2ft of black. :shrug: I used the black and maybe 6-7ft of red.

Today I added the RC-knockoff 2" lower strut leveling block. Took most of the day, but that was with teaching my nephew all along the way (frustrating at times, but gotta guide the youngsters).
View attachment 414274
One the passenger side my CV boot has a small tear, and grease was all over. So now I'm shopping for boots/axles. $25 for a boot kit vs. $70+ for a whole new axle.... I mean, the labor is the real cost, and I'll be doing that myself, and the whole CV is [probably...?] less messy, thus saving my labor/cleanup.... Hm....

View attachment 414275
Just a quick snap when we stopped to grab a burger after wrapping up. Man, you can barely even tell I had side moldings on there.... :rolleyes: <sigh> Eraser wheel/buffing kit is on the way, and you can actually see the tube with the new slim BSMs in the rear window. That's the coming weekend's project. Tomorrow I need to get the wipers/arms back on, before the storm arrives. Also really need to align my headlamps with the higher nose.

-bZj
Great post!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems to be a pricing glitch what exactly is the make/model/engine size/year you are looking under?
that might be helpful

it's for my 11 hybrid. I went ahead and tossed one in my order of some brakes. we'll see what shows up haha. part number seems correct, just cheaper price under close out for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10