What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the glossy wood so I started to work on covering it up with a vinyl wrap. Wasn’t sure what to use since I’m trying to get rid of fake wood and am not crazy with a fake carbon fiber all over either. This was a bit glossier than I was hoping but feel like it turned out pretty good. Now just got to get all the door switch bezels done.

Edit: this is what I used if interested. VViViD Black Stealth Plaid... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7ZGHK19?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I like that! I went with the fake carbon fiber. And while I like the look, it doesn't fool anyone, lol. I like the plaid, because it isn't pretending to be something it's not.

The parts you photographed were relatively easy to cover, since they're flat. But I really struggled with the center console storage bin (swapped from a Suburban) and armrest bin because of how deeply recessed they are. On the console bin, I used a long strip and wrapped it around the vertical sides, hiding the seam behind the snap-in cupholder. Then I used a second piece to cover the flange, overlapping it slightly with the first piece all the way around the opening. It looked great when I installed it. But after a couple of hot summers, the vinyl has begun to shrink and pull away from the inside corners. I was able to do the armrest in one piece, but it has also begun to shrink and pull away in the corners. Hopefully, you'll have better long-term success. For me it's been disappointing.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran those dbx mufflers on my subaru, and I have one on my Chevy lug truck you like them too I almost put them on the tahoe, curious to see how that sounds!

But yeah, they are glasspacked so they won't break in a little bit
Yeah this one looks identical to magnaflow same size, welds and sound and everything i wonder if the flow fx is made in the same factory

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this one looks identical to magnaflow same size, welds and sound and everything i wonder if the flow fx is made in the same factory

I ran those dbx mufflers on my subaru, and I have one on my Chevy lug truck you like them too I almost put them on the tahoe, curious to see how that sounds!

But yeah, they are glasspacked so they won't break in a little bit
Almost the same setup but my muffler looks like this

Attachments

• 20231107_142803.jpg
    20231107_142803.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 2

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sensors should probably be here Monday I will put them in and reset the fuel trims and cross my finngers.
Where did you order your O2’s from? OEM? You’ll have to let us know what the boxes look like. It seems there are two or three different outer packages now. Some come with the protective cardboard ring over the sensor end others do not. Some have GM/Delco writing on them others just have the Delphi(?) number.
I’ll be curious to see what these ones have.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you order your O2’s from? OEM? You’ll have to let us know what the boxes look like. It seems there are two or three different outer packages now. Some come with the protective cardboard ring over the sensor end others do not. Some have GM/Delco writing on them others just have the Delphi(?) number.
I’ll be curious to see what these ones have.
rockauto had the best price (for these exact ones) without doing a complete internet deep dive, shipping was $9.99
apparently the gm upstream are no longer available so I bought the Delphi's which are probably the same thing anyway.
there are cheaper options out there but like many things you get what you pay for.
022.JPG

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it the vapor canister on these trucks that breaks and runs charcoal pellets thru the whole fuel system?

if so, rock auto seems to have part number 22945639 on close out right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar