What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so just to follow up on the 220amp alt upgrade off ebay, after the first one had a damaged plug clip, but worked fine. they sent me a 2nd one. that one wasn't the same part number, it was a 170amp Denso. still good, but minor damage on the plug as well, but would be usable as well.

emailed and told them I'll just keep the first and if they send me a FedEx label, I'll drop the 2nd off to return it if they pay shipping. today they said no need to return them, my guys missed up sending them. keep both and I'll refund you.

more than I expected.. so yeah. if I was super picky I guess I could he annoyed with the broken clip, but in the end I got 2 low mileage oem alternators for free.

so I guess I can recommend the seller for good used, but might not 100% match the pics, or his shipping department sucks. but in the end free stuff?

the seller if anyone wants to know haha.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, I really consider the location and surroundings any time I park in public. She doesn't live in a bad area and she's right off a fairly busy street, in a curve before a controlled intersection. So, most people are whizzing by, watching the curve and for the traffic light and not casing the houses. You have to watch where you're going with all the cars parked on the street. She and her coworker roommate are federal DEA agents. They park their personal vehicles in the carport and driveway. I feel pretty safe with her property and my Tahoe being guarded by two "cop cars".
That would've been a cool pic.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would've been a cool pic.

You're right- it would've been. Didn't think about it, but I'd rather not do anything to draw attention to their house or post pics of it on the internet. That was the first time I ever drove my Tahoe there. I've always stopped by in the work van before heading home from NO (about 1.5 hours away).

Reaction score
Haven't done anything to it since getting back from vacation except washed it. Noticed the clear coat on the top of the rear spoiler is peeling. It's aftermarket with a smoked full length LED brake light. Only about 3 years old. I still have the factory one boxed up and stored in the garage.

So I have a rant about passengers and interior door release levers.... How many of you have kids or passengers that pull the lever to open the door and just release it and let it "snap" back? I noticed this on my trip. My son's girlfriend did it every time getting out of the car. Also would slam the door closed. I would comment on the door slamming when getting out, but she didn't seem to pay much attention to it. She's just clunky in general and stomps when she walks. Sounds like a horse walking through the house.

belair62

Reaction score
Haven't done anything to it since getting back from vacation except washed it. Noticed the clear coat on the top of the rear spoiler is peeling. It's aftermarket with a smoked full length LED brake light. Only about 3 years old. I still have the factory one boxed up and stored in the garage.

So I have a rant about passengers and interior door release levers.... How many of you have kids or passengers that pull the lever to open the door and just release it and let it "snap" back? I noticed this on my trip. My son's girlfriend did it every time getting out of the car. Also would slam the door closed. I would comment on the door slamming when getting out, but she didn't seem to pay much attention to it. She's just clunky in general and stomps when she walks. Sounds like a horse walking through the house.
The door slamming drives me nuts. Every darn time someone gets out they slam the heck out of it like its a thousand pound door.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I get on my kids about it from time to time, they know better or should

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I often find myself opening the doors for my passengers. While they can think it’s chivalrous or me being a nice guy, they don’t realize it’s because I don’t want my doors slammed.

Many moons ago, a friend of mine pissed off his gf one night and she slammed the door to his Typhoon with the window down. Left him with spidered window held together by window tint. Made me think twice about how hard a door gets shut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove