What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just got done looking at my passenger mirror motor. I pulled off the back cover and checked the wiring. When the fold button is pressed the mirror does nothing. No noise, no vibration, nothing. I pulled the plug going to the motor and connected a DVM to the 2 leads and set it to DC voltage. It was in auto mode and was reading very slight mV, but when I pressed the fold button the voltage would jump up into the 12v range for a second then go back down. So guessing it's a bad motor and not gear related.

I have to research what my options are here.

Reaction score
I see new OE motor assembly on eBay for $230. Gruven sells theirs for the same price but that includes a $30 core fee you get back when you send back your core.

I contacted Gruven and they don't have any assemblies available but said if I send them mine they'll rebuild it and send it back asap. Would still be about a week total with shipping both ways.

Really can't drive around with mirror wires hanging out my door or don't want to let it sit outside in possible foul weather with the mirror off for that time either.

Thought about just buying a cheap off brand replacement that is power folding and no other options for about $110 and pulling the motor assembly out of that, but with my luck it would be setup differently on the inside or something wouldn't match up correctly to the OE mirror, lol

May just get the replacement GM OE motor assembly. The gear didn't break, the motor died. Even if the OE plastic gear did break, it did last 10 years and 130k miles, lol

Last edited:

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm cheating here a bit, but drove the Tahoe home from work and parked it for the weekend since the weather is only going to be in the low 90s.
So I could put some more miles on the mini truck.
Used it a few weeks ago to haul my broken 10 bolt that I still haven't opened up to see what I actually damaged, and the old supercharged engine out of my Cobalt over to my storage unit.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_074403769~2.jpg
    IMG_20220804_074403769~2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220731_142322574_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220731_142322574_HDR.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200508_143150511_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200508_143150511_HDR.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 6

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm cheating here a bit, but drove the Tahoe home from work and parked it for the weekend since the weather is only going to be in the low 90s.
Used it a few weeks ago to haul my broken 10 bolt that I still haven't opened up to see what I actually damaged, and the old supercharged engine out of my Cobalt over to my storage unit.
Holy carp, I haven’t seen one of those in years!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a cool truck!!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today’s project: replace the brake pedal position sensor in the 2007. Cruise control had been getting increasingly resistant to working, and I was finding myself needing to tap the brake pedal before setting it so it would engage. $10 part, 15 minutes of time on my head, and problem solved.

When I work on one of these cars, I feel rich. The level of quality is so far beyond what was available in my first GMC - a 1981 Sierra 1500, it’s remarkable. Yes, they are complex, but they are durable, well-made vehicles.

View attachment 378291
I had to replace that on the avalanche a few years ago. I cut the shit out of my hand on that metal brace when doing it