What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good so far but I wanna see the results in the sunlight! The one thing reserving me from removing mine is there being lots of paint correction needed after removing 200K mile moldings. If yours can come clean after 300K+ miles on the doors, I'd feel more confident. I'm ok with and expecting to buff the clearcoat. But I ain't looking to paint the body yet.
When I removed the molding on my 2007 Silverado in 2016, I could not tell the difference in the paint that was behind the molding and the rest of the panel. I used the 3M eraser wheel and 3M spray adhesive remover and was very pleased with how it came out. I was expecting to see some shadowing due to age but didn’t.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, the main reason why I'm okay with leaving them saying "corvette" is because they're actual 6 piston corvette z06 calipers as opposed to big plastic red shrouds.
But you can tell they’re obviously off a Corvette which says to me you didn’t want to spend the money for Wilwoods or Brembos. I wouldn’t advertise that but that’s me. As far as the stupid caliper covers, those are just plain rice. Anybody that puts those on should hang their heads. :imo:

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
But you can tell they’re obviously off a Corvette which says to me you didn’t want to spend the money for Wilwoods or Brembos. I wouldn’t advertise that but that’s me. As far as the stupid caliper covers, those are just plain rice. Anybody that puts those on should hang their heads. :imo:
I have internet friends on a different site that didn't have good luck with wilwoods, I like Brembos but I don't like that I can't go to a parts yard or a store and get a replacement caliper the same day or by 9 a.m. the following morning.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I removed the molding on my 2007 Silverado in 2016, I could not tell the difference in the paint that was behind the molding and the rest of the panel. I used the 3M eraser wheel and 3M spray adhesive remover and was very pleased with how it came out. I was expecting to see some shadowing due to age but didn’t.
The paint will be the same since it’s protected by clear coat, unlike the old days when paint was a single stage product. The only damage will be to the clear and that sometimes comes off as yellowed due to uv but in most cases all it needs at most is a good buffing to match up with the stuff that’s been hiding under the molding.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have internet friends on a different site that didn't have good luck with wilwoods, I like Brembos but I don't like that I can't go to a parts yard or a store and get a replacement caliper the same day or by 9 a.m. the following morning.
And you'll never need another caliper either. Both those brands last pretty much forever and you can buy rebuild kits. If you’re concerned, have a kit on hand. They’re like the old days, when stuff was high enough quality that you rebuild it instead of replacing it. As far as pads, my Wilwoods will probably run for 100k on a set. The things are massive. I have never heard of anyone having problems with Wilwoods, what seems to be their issue? Mine were easy to install although with 16” rotors, wheel size and fitment was a concern although it was fine with my 22’s. No problems at all. Just make sure you center them correctly with the shims provided.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518