What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bathed the engine bay in carb cleaner hoping to find a leak. Did not. The longer it sits the worse it starts; got service stabilitrack flashing engine light today when starting and pegging3k to keep running. Went away after running smoothly.

Maybe pre02 cats are clogged? I doubt it, because raw fuel dumps out the exhaust when it's stumbling on start. Fouled plugs then?

Parts trickle in over the next few days. Headers today, injectors tomorrow. Already have plugs/wires. Losing faith over here. Might hook up my sxs and atv on the trailer and drive to a dealership and give it all away for a car with a warranty lol (that's mostly a joke)

What does the fuel pressure look like at the rail, KOEO? What do the fuel trims look like?

EDIT: are you having to use clear flood mode when starting?

Last edited:

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the fuel pressure look like at the rail, KOEO? What do the fuel trims look like?
I checked a few days back on a cheap obd2 code reader and st was trying to lean it out to the point of -4ish iirc.

Didn't check pressures. I don't know how accurate that cheap reader is. I'll find my handheld tuner and check trims and pressures, as maybe that diablo is slightly more accurate.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Koeo Fp 52.x and drops to 49.x after 2 mins an likely continues to an extent. Idle fp steady 43.x

If I shut off and reprime the system fp is at 57 and climbs to 72+ over time w koeo

Most sensor readings look normal to me, save for the stft's being a bit jank and the eth% at 52.9. Maf is clean as a whistle.

No flood clear used to start, but maybe it needs it

Also sorry for sullying up thus thread. I know it isn't the right place. I honestly thought this would clear up and be a non-issue, as this is not the first dieselgate in this family, but it is definitely taking the longest to repair. Again, apologies.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Koeo Fp 52.x and drops to 49.x after 2 mins an likely continues to an extent. Idle fp steady 43.x

If I shut off and reprime the system fp is at 57 and climbs to 72+ over time w koeo

Most sensor readings look normal to me, save for the stft's being a bit jank and the eth% at 52.9. Maf is clean as a whistle.

No flood clear used to start, but maybe it needs it

Also sorry for sullying up thus thread. I know it isn't the right place. I honestly thought this would clear up and be a non-issue, as this is not the first dieselgate in this family, but it is definitely taking the longest to repair. Again, apologies.

If you're not running more than E10, but the PCM thinks you are, it's going to be adding fuel since it thinks it needs more. Your STFTs would be way high to the positive side, then, and that will cause over-fueling and it'll run like poo. If on normal (low ethanol) fuel, then the alcohol percentage needs to be reset with something like a Tech 2.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not running more than E10, but the PCM thinks you are, it's going to be adding fuel since it thinks it needs more. Your STFTs would be way high to the positive side, then, and that will cause over-fueling and it'll run like poo. If on normal (low ethanol) fuel, then the alcohol percentage needs to be reset with something like a Tech 2.
Yeah just good old 93. My stft's are in the negatives almost always at idle: from -1.xx thru -4.96% or thereabouts.

*Shrugs

Ima drive tf out of it and see what happens...

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah just good old 93. My stft's are in the negatives almost always at idle: from -1.xx thru -4.96% or thereabouts.

*Shrugs

Ima drive tf out of it and see what happens...

The alcohol content screws up the metering. And if the LTFTs are way off they might also affect how it runs, so if you can reset them, it might help. Without a scan tool I think they reset if you pull the battery power for a few minutes.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I fixed some scratches on my passenger seat. These were probably caused by some web gear or suspenders during hunting season. I used an autoleatherdye.com kit. So far I only did that center panel where the scratches were as a test. You have to put the dye on THIN to prevent plugging up the holes. I put on two THIN coats. It came out pretty well.
View attachment 376317View attachment 376318View attachment 376319

I did something like that to one of my rear captain chairs when removing a camp chair.
Nice scratch showing through to the leather underneath.
I used some holster dye I have on hand to touch it up.

I immediately regretted it; the dye was much darker than the seat.

Then I spent the next hour trying to thin the color out... :jester:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667