What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have it play a synth solo clip from that song when you unlock it with the fob. Could probably be done with a basic Arduino. Maybe have the interior lights slowly brighten or even slow strobe or slowly morph through the RGB colors. Layer of stage fog lines the floor and rolls out over the custom sill plates when you open the door... Oh, you gotta have some lasers in the fog, too...

:p We just went from a simple logo to a full-on car show scene.
Man right now I’m having a hard time figuring out why the dome lights aren’t working, now you gotta set the bar that high? Sheesh. :mad:

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove mine for the first time in over a week. Fuel light came on so I put $15 of 93 in to get me just under 1/4 tank.

I quit filling it up since it just sits and, if I'm not mistaken, the PCM switches to a lower octane table if the tank hasn't been refilled in a certain amount of time. So, putting a little fuel in it for that day's drive would keep it in the higher octane table so I can actually benefit from the 93. I can't say for sure how accurate all that is. But it at least keeps me from having 20 gallons of expensive fuel sitting in the tank for a month, just going stale.

I have not heard that and not sure it is accurate. I do know these vehicles will go into a "low power sleep mode? if not started etc in over XX days.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I quit filling it up since it just sits and, if I'm not mistaken, the PCM switches to a lower octane table if the tank hasn't been refilled in a certain amount of time. So, putting a little fuel in it for that day's drive would keep it in the higher octane table so I can actually benefit from the 93. I can't say for sure how accurate all that is. But it at least keeps me from having 20 gallons of expensive fuel sitting in the tank for a month, just going stale.

Where did you learn about this?

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered new carpet, embroidered floor mats and Katzkin leather to go with the console I also ordered for the Silverado. Along with the LTZ dash and Esky cluster it really will look like a new Machine on the inside. Trying to stay busy with mods this winter.
Where did you end up getting carpet?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you end up getting carpet?
I got them from www.ocautocarpets.com. Last time I ordered from www.stockinteriors.com but they’re both distributors for ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) who is the manufacturer. OC was cheaper by about $50 shipped on the carpet which paid for half of the mats that have a maroon bowtie embroidered in them. I went with plush pile carpet with mass backing for maximum thickness.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got them from www.ocautocarpets.com. Last time I ordered from www.stockinteriors.com but they’re both distributors for ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) who is the manufacturer. OC was cheaper by about $50 shipped on the carpet which paid for half of the mats that have a maroon bowtie embroidered in them. I went with plush pile carpet with mass backing for maximum thickness.
Wow..... Decent prices. If the burb comes back happy, I'm going to treat her to some new carpet and other upgrades

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you learn about this?

A buddy that tunes has mentioned it to me a few times over the years. My fill-ups happen every 3-4 weeks, so I just thought it was the older gas going a little stale. I'm always feeling more response and "oomph" after filling up so I've never really questioned it. The basic story as I understand it is that a timer (of sorts) runs from a fill-up event and the PCM adjusts accordingly if X amount of time passes without the float arm in the tank going back up. I doubt it has to be a complete fill-up, I'd imagine it to be a sustained specified percentage higher than where it was for it to switch tables. IIRC, he said its purpose was to account for the fuel losing some of it's octane rating as it sits.

You know anything of this?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ACC FTW. I've used their products quite a few times. Quality stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts