What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a real bad fuel smell issue at the left rear door that's pisssing me off! I have no evap codes. I had it up on a lift in a shop and I can find no wetness leaks at all. Even reaching up all over the top of the tank with my hands no wetness at all. Now I have people walking by my job and calling the office to report it. Fu-cking embarrassing. How to I track this vapor leak down???? Why is there no codes??

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a real bad fuel smell issue at the left rear door that's pisssing me off! I have no evap codes. I had it up on a lift in a shop and I can find no wetness leaks at all. Even reaching up all over the top of the tank with my hands no wetness at all. Now I have people walking by my job and calling the office to report it. Fu-cking embarrassing. How to I track this vapor leak down???? Why is there no codes??

How much fuel is in the tank when this happens? (The evap test doesn't run except between about 1/4 and 3/4 full, or a little bit more on either end of that level.)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Did you put your hand on the top of the tank? Might be the lock ring for the fuel pump. Did notice after fueling up? When did you 1st notice the smell?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still cannot wrap my brain around $500+ for a pair of LED fog lamps

Just saw this Costco Chevy Tahoe View attachment 359269fleet order style incentive purchasing email

I wander what the true $ discount is ?
most of the good brand led light pods cost around the same, baja designs, diode dynamics, rigid, morimoto, etc.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much fuel is in the tank when this happens? (The evap test doesn't run except between about 1/4 and 3/4 full, or a little bit more on either end of that level.)

I top it off Friday and Monday nights. Never goes below half a tank at all.

Dud you put your hand on the top of the tank? Might be the lock ring for the fuel pump. Did notice after fueling up? When did you 1st notice the smell?

Yes as far as I could reach I can't feel anything wet. It started in the spring but the past month it's been pretty strong odor. It does seem slightly worse when the tank is full.

I replaced the vent valve and hose assembly that zip ties to the filler tube about 2 years ago because that DID throw a code at the time.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Adds suddenly started suggesting steering wheels for the ol tahoe.
(I'm feeling watched :fca5278e:)

so here i am looking at a steering wheel that would be perfect and for a price i like!
The catch?
It's missing the buttons for cruise and the radio controls.

Then i see other steering wheels that have those buttons for $50-60 more...

Me seeing the trim on the steering wheel, mine looks like ass.
PO looks like they spent some time removing the old, rubberized finish...

Would the steering wheel w/o the controls work for my hoe?
I assume the trim is different between the two.
Or would i be fine to save $$ and be able to swap my current controls to the new steering wheel?

:hmmm2:

(I'm hoping someone has tried this before)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo