What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I just found a guy on youtube with a 2004 Tahoe with an LSA blower, and he destroyed the stock 8.6 after a few weeks of adding the blower... went with the trutrac after that

Trutrac FTW. Just dont drive on any gravel with nice cars around! Them things can throw a stone like nobody's bidness.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the weights? They only have the feets listed

The website is different than the last time I looked but found them under "SPECs". A 26RB Flying Cloud weighs about 6,000 pounds empty with a GVWR of 7,600. For my truck and situation, I'd like to keep the TTs loaded weight at 6,600 pounds max. give or take a hundred.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
The website is different than the last time I looked but found them under "SPECs". A 26RB Flying Cloud weighs about 6,000 pounds empty with a GVWR of 7,600. For my truck and situation, I'd like to keep the TTs loaded weight at 6,600 pounds max. give or take a hundred.
That aint bad. Sticker on mine says max legal trailer weight is 10,000 with a load distributing hitch with a tounge weight of 1,000. Just gotta load it correctly, watch sway, be careful with wind, standard stuff. Gonna be a while before we buy one and honestly a 3/4 ton burb would be perfect

Reaction score
I think that is what the hitch is rated at, not what the vehicle can tow.

My sticker on the hitch says the same thing, but the owners manual says the actual tow ratingsc43ccb2d4a41754cbd0dc9cb4f26720e.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found a guy on youtube with a 2004 Tahoe with an LSA blower, and he destroyed the stock 8.6 after a few weeks of adding the blower... went with the trutrac after that

It could've been beat on prior or maybe he did a lot of hard launches afterward- who knows? I supercharged my '02 S10 4.3 and blew up the Gov-Lock very soon after at only 32K miles because I beat on it since day one. On the flip, there are people running 13s or faster on the stock 10-bolt in their F-bodies. It's almost a crapshoot. From a high performance perspective, I'm not a fan of how the stock LSD operates. It's more of a limited spin than a limited slip, and it limits that spin with an abrupt engagement. Introduce more power, more grip and more leverage from shorter gears and it becomes a mechanical fuse.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
It could've been beat on prior or maybe he did a lot of hard launches afterward- who knows? I supercharged my '02 S10 4.3 and blew up the Gov-Lock very soon after at only 32K miles because I beat on it since day one. On the flip, there are people running 13s or faster on the stock 10-bolt in their F-bodies. It's almost a crapshoot. From a high performance perspective, I'm not a fan of how the stock LSD operates. It's more of a limited spin than a limited slip, and it limits that spin with an abrupt engagement. Introduce more power, more grip and more leverage from shorter gears and it becomes a mechanical fuse.
I too blew the piss out of my gov lock. About a week after putting bigger tires on it, I went down to the local mexico and launched the balls off it, and it caught the slip and made a loud crunchy grinding noise until it shifted into second. What did you use for a supercharger?

I'm very pleased with how the LSD works in the tahoe. Guess that's just the advantage of the fly weight style used in the 7.6 in my s10 vs the clutch style used in the 8.6. That and I've not added too much power.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too blew the piss out of my gov lock. About a week after putting bigger tires on it, I went down to the local mexico and launched the balls off it, and it caught the slip and made a loud crunchy grinding noise until it shifted into second. What did you use for a supercharger?

I'm very pleased with how the LSD works in the tahoe. Guess that's just the advantage of the fly weight style used in the 7.6 in my s10 vs the clutch style used in the 8.6. That and I've not added too much power.
Biggest problem is the bearing caps which deflect under extreme stress and cause the bearing to go. A girdle is a must-have imo for high hp applications. I have a TA Performance girdle on mine. It has load bolts that keep the bearing caps from deflecting.

upload_2019-10-18_20-7-42.png

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use for a supercharger?

Wynjammer. It was sort of experimental on my part as well as Al Martin's. lol

I still have it and was considering modding the bracket to fit the LS accessory bracket and throwing it on the Tahoe. I'd have to study the compressor map and the 5.3's airflow dynamics, but the rough idea is that I could get 6-7 psi out of it with the pulley intended for 10 psi on the 4.3. The FlexFuel injectors would easily support it so it'd be a cheap little kick. I almost wanna bolt it up just to hear it.