What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Let's hope it does. It's no where near cold enough to test it, but I wanted it done before it was too cold. The biggest pita was holding it up and using a heat gun. Had to get gloves and eventually just used a paint stick to put pressure on it until I was sure it wasn't gonna fall off.
I globbed it on and didn't care about if it was super clean job. I wanted to make sure it had enough to stay on all sides.

Sounds worse than it turned out, but it was covered well. Taking the tab out from the wire would have made it easier too.

Heat gun? You can pull the tailgate glass on the NBS in 10 minutes, I’m pretty sure the NNBS is the same, pull 2 bolts and it slides out. That’s how I did mine, took it inside and laid it down where it was warm. That way it’s easy to work on. And yes, pull the tab off the wire!
I’m glad you guys are talking about this because this shall make it way easier when I do mine- so thanks :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was about to wonder if I would pass an emissions test with the cam I’ve got, but then I remembered I’m also catless so it wouldn’t matter anyway
Why not? Have the downstream O2 sensors tuned out. The cam won’t matter unless it sets DTC’s. And Oregon inspectors don’t look for cats in a visual inspection. Mine passes with a cam and O2 sensors tuned out. They’ve never looked to see if there’s cats installed with my headers, and Im loud as hell. Passed last time in 5 minutes.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not? Have the downstream O2 sensors tuned out. The cam won’t matter unless it sets DTC’s. And Oregon inspectors don’t look for cats in a visual inspection. Mine passes with a cam and O2 sensors tuned out. They’ve never looked to see if there’s cats installed with my headers, and Im loud as hell. Passed last time in 5 minutes.

I am so glad Iowa did away with their inspections back in the late 70’s if I recall correctly.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so glad Iowa did away with their inspections back in the late 70’s if I recall correctly.

Florida finally got rid of theirs by the late 1990s. Hopefully it will never return but last election cycle was close!

When we had it, they did look for the cats, but our muscle cars passed without them when we turned the fuel pressure down. Still have the gutted cats for those long gone cars.

What size tires are those @Regency ?

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florida finally got rid of theirs by the late 1990s. Hopefully it will never return but last election cycle was close!

When we had it, they did look for the cats, but our muscle cars passed without them when we turned the fuel pressure down. Still have the gutted cats for those long gone cars.

What size tires are those @Regency ?
34”s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59

Latest posts