What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Why not? Have the downstream O2 sensors tuned out. The cam won’t matter unless it sets DTC’s. And Oregon inspectors don’t look for cats in a visual inspection. Mine passes with a cam and O2 sensors tuned out. They’ve never looked to see if there’s cats installed with my headers, and Im loud as hell. Passed last time in 5 minutes.
Do the areas here that require testing not shove a sniffer in the tail pipe?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do the areas here that require testing not shove a sniffer in the tail pipe?

They can do either one here in Colorado (along the Front Range), and I'm not sure how they pick which one. My Fusion passed two years ago with the OBD test, 5 min. max., no numbers documented, just pass/fail. Last time they did the IM240 test on the dyno, and for that one I got actual emissions numbers.

EDIT: these are the IM240 results for my 2008 Fusion with 115K on the clock. The OBD-only test just reads the readiness of the different emissions systems.

Fusion Emissions_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can do either one here in Colorado (along the Front Range), and I'm not sure how they pick which one. My Fusion passed two years ago with the OBD test, 5 min. max., no numbers documented, just pass/fail. Last time they did the IM240 test on the dyno, and for that one I got actual emissions numbers.

EDIT: these are the IM240 results for my 2008 Fusion with 115K on the clock. The OBD-only test just reads the readiness of the different emissions systems.

View attachment 233131
Every time I’ve done it in this state, they do the actual dyno test. The exception are vehicles built prior to 1982 IIRC, and with those, they use the tailpipe sniffer.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every time I’ve done it in this state, they do the actual dyno test. The exception are vehicles built prior to 1982 IIRC, and with those, they use the tailpipe sniffer.

When I bought mine in 2016 they did the dyno test. Next test, in 2018, I didn't have to go to the test place because I had driven by several of the remote testers they have on some of the highway onramps and streets. You can find out online where those are located. I think it takes two tests a couple of months apart to allow you to bypass the test place. Still have to pay the $25, though, when you renew the tags.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
When I bought mine in 2016 they did the dyno test. Next test, in 2018, I didn't have to go to the test place because I had driven by several of the remote testers they have on some of the highway onramps and streets. You can find out online where those are located. I think it takes two tests a couple of months apart to allow you to bypass the test place. Still have to pay the $25, though, when you renew the tags.
How the hell does that work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats