What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I'm talking about a universal imobilizer to prevent high speed pursuits, or when you get pulled over they just enable a device to disable the vehicle during a traffic stop, etc
i'm sure there are ways it's just a matter of making it legal

I get it! I was just saying how criminals already had the technology years ahead of the...

..."official criminals"?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it! I was just saying how criminals already had the technology years ahead of the...

..."official criminals"?
there are lots of hacking tools out there for sure, just a matter of learning how to use them to your advantage
I do stuff on common i.t. equipment that isn't necessarily hacking, it's just learning how to "circumvent" things
something as simple as changing the the date & time on electronics can allow you to "hack" them in a sense
there are developer tools that get leaked out and that's how they are accessing vehicle systems and extending the fob signal, etc
there are little hand held devices that can wreck havoc with ease like the flipper and other things that have been around a while that you can buy online
gpio ports can be found on all kinds of stuff from A-Z

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a chunk lower than I would be comfortable with, I think most autoparts storeS could load test it for you in the parking lot
Replaced dying battery today with AGM. TBH, I believed the previous owner put in a dodgy battery however, once I got the old one pulled-it doesn't owe me a damn thing...Date on the battery was 11/2018 and that was in the harsh Arizona climate then to a pretty cold climate. Seems to spin the motor over quicker so I am happy with the results.

14Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced valve cover gaskets and both heater hose T connectors. Unfortunately one of the new T connectors that was supposed to be “genuine GM”, that was shipped and sold by Amazon, was a bad counterfeit that leaked after install. Replaced with a Dorman from auto parts store. Reminder to pay attention to your parts.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
in the future all vehicles will have a radio control device, just like they have on amusement park go-carts, if they want you stopped they just press a button
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that wasn't already a secret option on vehicles that have a cellular hot spot and can receive ota updates.
I read GM was called by police from a local town, which was involved in a high speed pursuit with a vehicle that happened to have Onstar. GM was able to shut the vehicle down using Onstar. I'm so happy my Tahoe doesn't have it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read GM was called by police from a local town, which was involved in a high speed pursuit with a vehicle that happened to have Onstar. GM was able to shut the vehicle down using Onstar. I'm so happy my Tahoe doesn't have it.
they have been able to do that for quit some time, especially with stolen vehicles provided the thief was not wise enough to disable it.
I listen to my scanner all day usually all they have to track is a cell phone ping, that by far is used more than anything else, on rare occasions if they are really looking hard they will put a license plate alert on FLOCK (license plate reading system) and get a location usually in a fairly short period of time. Lojack comes up more often than using onstar
once they have a general vicinity to look they are able to find them quit often, criminals in general are not too bright, the smart ones rarely get caught
they have a few things up there sleeve around here GPS projectiles that stick to the bumper, drones with heat sensors, helicopter, dogs. If you can escape all that then you most likely had a head start.
once the battery technology increases the drones will be up 24/7 just to be ready all the time, they will monitor traffic and everything in between
then you can be scared....
"The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values (of Liberty). Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

Down8

Reaction score
With attribution:
“The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values (of Liberty). Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities.” -Zbigniew Brzezinski (Between Two Ages, 1970)

Will be an interesting future, seeing what liberty/convenience trade-offs ppl will make.
=====

On topic: installed my back-up camera. It was a *****, but it's in.

PXL_20240128_220937238.jpg

-bZj

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not some crazy person that think's the governement is out to get me. It's all real shit they made it a law decades ago that all cell phones had to have the technology to be able to be triangulated without using a another source other than cell towers. Other similar laws are already sneaked into place
at risk of getting political so let's get back on track

oil change coming up, soon
truck is running good, knock on wood.