What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bearings you guys been running I am thinking Timken #SP500301 from RA.
I've used both Timken and Carquest's top-of-the-line brand and both are good so far. Do yourself a favor though and clean the wheel speed sensor connector with electrical contact cleaner before you reassemble. I had to do that on my '07 after I started getting the ABS warning a week after install. It solved the problem though and no more issues.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the couple of times I have considered going there once for the con-agra job and researching oil jobs it became a hard no, I like mild weather the cold I can probably deal with somewhat but that wind chill is a no way. I worked one summer up in Alaska which was not bad at all for Salmon season, they wanted me to come back for crab season in the winter that was a hard pass also especially after the boat had caught fire and we were almost going to abandon ship and heard them telling story's of how the end of the ship broke off the previous winter. kind of makes you think twice especially when both inudustries are dangerous already.
I hear ya. I love cold weather so it was a good fit for me most of the time. Funny thing would happen in those conditions though. Every guy on that rig set aside their squabbles, pulled together to help each other out and get shit done. I still have friends I made out there. Ex-cons, roughnecks, toolpushers, mud hands, mechanics. All of them good, hearty, hard-working people.

It was so bad one winter that the rig road blew shut (it was several miles long in badlands) and it was almost a week before they could get it plowed open again. We started to run out of food so the toolpusher went out one morning and bagged a deer. We hung it up in the light plant, skinned it, cut it up, and cooked up all of the meat. Problem solved.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped the '07 off for state inspection and I'm going to have them diagnose a popping/groning sound when I turn the steering wheel. It's coming from the driver's side front and is most pronounced when it's stationary but will also happen if I'm turning the steering wheel when it's rolling slowly, like backing out of the driveway. I'm betting lower ball joint or outer tie rod end but it'll be easy for them to diagnose either on the ground or up on the rack, and we'll go from there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
filled it up with 13 gal of 92 & 13 gal of E85
what kind of octane does that give me? @swathdiver
the e85 should be around 72% from what previous readings showed on straight e85 from same source if that matters
and the 92 could be e10 as well

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-13 this morning and my radiator is seeping at the driver side seam. I have a 265 mile trip to the cabin ahead of me, leaving on Friday. I wonder if I could let it ride or if I need to change it out?
Install a Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator and you w9nt hv them issues anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath

Latest posts