What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Common core math calculations????? My public education didn't give me the ability to catch the equation of 3/125=50
@gooffeyguy i actually deal with similar calculations when I design building electrical systems. Not everything is on at once, so you can diversify loads to keep from oversizing a feeder.

Reaction score
@gooffeyguy i actually deal with similar calculations when I design building electrical systems. Not everything is on at once, so you can diversify loads to keep from oversizing a feeder.
I don't use all my outlets on a circuit at the same time. That's why I use 14g wiring for all my 20a circuits. It's cheaper and easier to work with :chewie:

I actually understand and just giving ya shit. Take my breaker panel for my house, the main breaker is 200a but if you add up all the breakers under it they add up to like 230a. You'd think the main breaker would be tripping all the time, but it doesn't because all of the circuits under it aren't ever maxed out at the same time.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Beat me to it. I was about to suggest adding up the ampacity of all the breakers in their home panel and seeing if that number exceeded their main breaker rating.

*EDIT* Aaaaand now I see @gooffeyguy beat me to that.

I should read the following posts before replying :doh2:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take my breaker panel for my house, the main breaker is 200a but if you add up all the breakers under it they add up to like 230a. You'd think the main breaker would be tripping all the time, but it doesn't because all of the circuits under it aren't ever maxed out at the same time.

This prompted me to add mine up. I'm at 900A or 980A. I couldn't remember if I had counted one of the double pole 40s. 200A load center, so almost five times the service allowance.

Reaction score
This prompted me to add mine up. I'm at 900A or 980A. I couldn't remember if I had counted one of the double pole 40s. 200A load center, so almost five times the service allowance.
I didn't count the breaker that goes out to the garage panel. That one is before the main 200a breaker that feeds the sub-section with all the other breakers for the house. But I'm still way below the +4x over you are, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos

Latest posts