What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got around to swapping on the new arm and blade. Old arm didn't want to come off until I gave it a couple taps with the handle of a screwdriver and then it popped right off.

Looks like the old wiper arm splines were stripped.

Looks to me like there's metal in the splines from the arm itself. That should clean out with a pick.

Is that anti seize all over the splines?
Yep it’s part of the old arm itself. I think GM makes the arm out of weaker material so it sacrifices itself instead of sacrificing the expensive parts. Kinda like the bolt on the side post batteries. The threads in that will strip out before the threads in the battery. Hope that got cleaned off before installing the new one.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you youngins wouldnt know good looks ......
Hey man I knew chrome when chrome was manly thick steel covered in the real thing, not some thin plastic covered in a microscopically thin coating of more shiny plastic. Back in the day, chrome was king. This shit nowadays doesn’t even count. That’s why I hate it. It’s fake as hell, like a cheap wig on a dude pretending to be a chick. I can’t use the real word for that, it’s censored. :rolleyes:
Now ya got me started young fella…:lol2:

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, the SLT badge between back door and glass.Is this a press fit badge? I can just pry it out?

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the old wiper arm splines were stripped.
The motor side is splined, but the arms are not. The new arm did not have splines either, but they are tapered.
Looks to me like there's metal in the splines from the arm itself. That should clean out with a pick.
Yeah, it cleaned out pretty easily. Mostly with a rag. Just looks like galvanic corrosion or aluminum oxidation or something. I didn't check what metals the splines or the arm were comprised of. Lol
Is that anti seize all over the splines?
Just looked like some corrosion to me. The threads where the nut was were blue, but it didn't look like loctite either.:think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia